Nursing Education - Admissions & Application
- B.S. Degree with a nursing major from an accredited program*
- Licensure as a professional registered nurse within the United States, US territories, or Canada*
- Equivalent of one-year full-time employment as a professional registered nurse
- A current position in nursing (work experience is integral to completion of
assignments throughout the program)
- Accumulated undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00
- Successful completion (B- or higher) of a course in statistics
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication
*International student applications evaluated on an individual basis
- Evidence of academic and professional qualifications from two persons (one a recent supervisor and the other a former professor/advisor) who are both familiar with the applicant's academic ability, professional nursing contributions, and potential to succeed in graduate studies.
- A type-written admissions essay that demonstrates the applicant's professional goals and vision for the future along with the writing competency required for succeeding in the graduate program
- A current professional resume describing the applicant’s relevant experience
The following may be required at the discretion of the program:
- A personal interview with program director or a graduate faculty member
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) if English is not that applicant's first language
See the Location & Start Dates page for application submission deadlines
Admission forms are to be submitted to the Graduate Nursing Office with the exception of the Health Form, which must be sent directly to the Health Services Office at (585) 594-6920.
All forms, excluding official transcripts, can be faxed to (585)594-6593.
Click on links below for printable application pieces:
Additional information to be submitted:
- A copy of your Registered Nurse License (Must include expiration date)
- A current copy of your resume
- FAFSA application (if applicable)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score (if required)
Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a letter regarding your status. If accepted into the program you will receive a letter stating this, and a deposit form. Submit the form with your non-refundable $350 deposit to the Graduate Nursing Office to secure your position in the program.
Call: 585.594.6600 | 800.777.4792 (toll free)