Doctor of Psychology - Admissions & Application
Roberts Wesleyan College maintains rigorous admissions standards to ensure students are prepared for the intensive Psy.D. training program.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00
- Psychology major preferred, but students from a liberal arts background with coursework in statistics, research methods, and 15-18 hours in Psychological Studies will also be considered
- Competitive GRE scores (no established cut-offs) - Roberts Institution Code is 2759
- Evidence of professional and personal dispositions necessary for success in the program
To apply for the Psy.D. program at Roberts Wesleyan College, you must provide:
- Official transcripts from every college or university you attended. NOTE: All official transcripts can be sent via mail to Roberts Wesleyan College "ATTN: AGE Admissions Office" 2301 Westside Drive Rochester, NY 14624.
- Three recommendation letters (two academic and one professional reference)
- A typewritten autobiographical statement
- Official GRE scores
- A current professional résumé
- Submit your application online - application Deadline is January 15
Up to 30 graduate credits earned in accredited graduate schools and carrying a grade of B or better will be transferable toward an advanced degree at Roberts Wesleyan College to the extent that the student can demonstrate equivalence to course(s) in the Roberts degree program and pending approval by the Psychology Department. This equivalence can be demonstrated by students providing the Department and their advisors with catalog course descriptions, course syllabi, and completed assignments for the courses being considered for transfer.
Decisions regarding credit transfer are made independent of admissions decisions.
Call: 585.594.6600 | 800.777.4792 (toll free) | Email: AGE-Admissions@roberts.edu