The Ministry major equips you with hands-on learning in Christian leadership, disciple-making, and mission. The program takes a practical approach to ministry education, connecting knowledge with experience in its well-rounded curriculum that includes Bible, theology, and apologetics.
Complete your college education and your Masters of Divinity in 5 years.
Study the theology of Scripture, the discipline of fasting, and more. Hands-on and experiential learning.
Connect your experience in the field with your learning in the classroom.
What Will I Learn?
- Develop solid Christian leadership skills useful in any career that is undertaken for Christ.
- Learn disciple-making skills to help others grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Grow in the skill of speaking with skeptics about the existence of God.
- Understand God’s mission to the world and various approaches to living out this mission.
- Dive into the Bible with the option to even learn the biblical languages.
- Be well-grounded in Christian theology.
Where Can It Take Me?
- Church or Community Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry
- Youth Ministry
- Christian Education
- Community Organization
- Worship Leader
- Asbury Theological Seminary
- Colgate Rochester Divinity School
- Duke University
- Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Fuller Theological Seminary
- Gordon Conwell Seminary
- Northeastern Seminary
- Ohio State University
- Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- Princeton Theological Seminary
- SUNY Albany
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- University of North Texas
- University of Toronto
- University of Rochester
- University of St. Andrew's (Scotland)
Double-Major to enhance any career as one’s mission field for God
Who Will I Meet?
Dr. Jeffrey McPherson
Dr. Jeffrey McPherson received his Ph.D. from McMaster University. He joined the faculty at Roberts Wesleyan College in 2011 and currently serves as Chair of the Department of Religion and Philosophy. His doctoral dissertation was a theological and philosophical study of the worldviews of Jonathan Edwards (famous American Puritan theologian) and Alfred North Whitehead (well-known mathematician and philosopher—Founder of Process Philosophy). Dr.
McPherson teaches a wide range of theological, biblical, and philosophical courses. Read more here.
My work in ministry starts today at Roberts. Never before in my life have I been surrounded with such an encouraging body of students and professors who are willing and able to push me in the Lord's call for me in ministry. Every single day I recognize the infinite ways that God has blessed me by placing these people in my life. My understanding of scripture has expanded in ways I could not have anticipated, and my hunger to learn has only grown since the start of fall semester. I credit all of this to God, and I thank Him for guiding me towards Roberts Wesleyan College.
Calvin Smith '11
Belfast Free Methodist Church
Seana Vitoff '15
Offender Rehabilitation Coordinator
Woodbourne Correction Facility
Anna Valeria Iseman
Open Door Mission
Evan Stark '05
Vice President of Sales for the Dorschel Automotive Group