Our Teacher Education programs are designed with each individual student in mind and promote close faculty-student relationships that often continue beyond graduation. We have a long and distinguished tradition of preparing teachers in programs approved by the New York State Education Department.
- Adolescent & Special Education
- Early Childhood & Special Education
- Childhood & Special Education
- English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Music (K- 12)
- Physical Education (K- 12)
- Art Education (K-12)
Teacher Education Mission Statement
The mission of all teacher education programs at Roberts Wesleyan University, guided by its Christian traditions, is to prepare candidates to be highly capable educators who think critically, who educate diverse populations effectively, and who lead collaboratively toward a global and more just society.
Adult Degree Completion Program
- Early Childhood & Special Education, M.Ed.
- Childhood & Special Education, M.Ed.
- Adolescence and Special Education, M.Ed.
- Literacy Education, M.Ed.
- Special Education, M.Ed.
Our Teacher Education Programs provide:
- The opportunity to gain your M.Ed. after your undergraduate degree in only 5 years with our 4+1 program
- Critical knowledge and skills for teaching in a collaborative academic setting
- Preparation to teach in your specific discipline(s) with solid understanding of the principles of effective teaching
- Stimulating academic programs
- A close relationship with area school districts that provide students with practical hands-on experiences
Successful completion of both our undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs qualifies students for certification in New York State, and most other states.
TED's Commitment to DEI and Social Justice
We recommend pursuing credits through our associates program before you can be eligible for our Pathway to Teaching program.
We recommend pursuing our Pathway to Teaching program. If you do not yet have 60 credits, you can earn more in preparation for starting in the program.