Department of Teacher Education
Our Teacher Education programs are designed with each individual student in mind and promote close faculty-student relationships that often continue beyond graduation. We have a long and distinguished tradition of preparing teachers in programs approved by the New York State Education Department.
Our Teacher Education Programs provide:
- The opportunity to gain your M.Ed. after your undergraduate degree in only 5 years with our 4+1 program
- Critical knowledge and skills for teaching in a collaborative academic setting
- Preparation to teach in your specific discipline(s) with solid understanding of the principles of effective teaching
- Stimulating academic programs
- A close relationship with area school districts that provide students with practical hands-on experiences
Successful completion of both our undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs qualifies students for certification in New York State, and most other states.
We recommend pursuing credits through our associates program before you can be eligible for our Pathway to Teaching program.
We recommend pursuing our Pathway to Teaching program. If you do not yet have 60 credits, you can earn more in preparation for starting in the program.