Department of Teacher Education
Our Teacher Education programs are designed with each individual student in mind and promote close faculty-student relationships that often continue beyond graduation. We have a long and distinguished tradition of preparing teachers in programs approved by the New York State Education Department.
Our Teacher Education Programs provide:
- The opportunity to gain your M.Ed. after your undergraduate degree in only 5 years with our 4+1 program
- Critical knowledge and skills for teaching in a collaborative academic setting
- Preparation to teach in your specific discipline(s) with solid understanding of the principles of effective teaching
- Stimulating academic programs
- A close relationship with area school districts that provide students with practical hands-on experiences
Successful completion of both our undergraduate and graduate teacher education programs qualifies students for certification in New York State, and most other states.