Global Honors Program
Global Honors Program
High-achieving students of all majors can enhance their college experience through the exclusive Global Honors Program at Roberts Wesleyan College. The program is designed to provide unique academic opportunities focused on global studies, which will replace other academic requirements for all students.
What Will I Learn?
Explore global connections through a Christ-centered worldview in this two-year program.
- Year One: Explore Rochester’s rich history, and study the interconnectedness of religions and ethical issues around the world.
- Year Two: Experience literature, art, and music in a global context.
- Summer Following Year Two: Participate in a three-week on-location course in Brazil.
Expand your understanding of Global Philosophical & Ethical Issues, World Religions, World Literature, and World Art & Music. These courses replace existing general education requirements.
Study Abroad in Brazil
At the end of your sophomore year, you will have the opportunity to apply and expand your knowledge from the program during a three-week, on-location course in Brazil.
- Experience Brazilian art and music through lessons in Brazilian Martial Arts, dancing, cooking, and more.
- Participate in a service-learning project with 27 Million, a human trafficking prevention organization.
- Complete a site visit with professionals in your chosen field of study.
- Experience God's creation in ways you never have before.
- Take a course on the culture & language in Brazil at the Methodist University of São Paulo.
After visiting Iguazu Falls in Brazil, Niagara Falls will look like a kiddy pool.
Enhance Your College Experience
Through the Global Honors Program at Roberts Wesleyan, you will be:
- Prepared - Through scholarly work, you will form global connections between various disciplines and become an educated citizen of the world.
- Transformed - Through service, you will experience and become an agent of change in a hurting world.
- Marketable - The academic coursework and the on-location course will offer intercultural perspectives and skills that will broaden your outlook and provide unparalleled experiences.
Anna Stitt, Chemistry '18
"To me, the Global Honors Program represents an opportunity to expand my education from a small, private institution in Rochester, NY to an entirely different continent and my faith from a personal one with God to one that affects many more individuals. It is one thing to learn about God and one's particular field of study in a way that fits into one's daily life in their home community, but another to learn about those things in a much broader sense as they relate to the world."
Did You Receive Your Invitation to Academic Scholarship Weekend?
If you meet the admissions criteria for the Global Honors Program, you will be invited to attend Academic Scholarship Weekend. At this invitation-only event, you will have the opportunity to apply to the Global Honors Program and compete for a full-tuition scholarship.
Questions? Contact the Program Director, Amy Kovach, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585.594.6315