Family Nurse Practitioner - Admissions & Application
The objective of the FNP program at Roberts Wesleyan University is to prepare nurses for advanced practice in the primary care setting and recognizes the obligation to the profession, clients and the communities we serve to select students that have the academic capability of completing the program and evidence to practice at an advanced level. Admission will be open to all qualified persons. We continue to recruit diverse students to serve in the profession. The program will consider young adults in addition to adult students who align with our program mission. Specific requirements include:
- B.S. degree with a nursing major from an accredited program*
- Unencumbered licensure to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.30 on a scale of 4.00
- Successful completion (B minus or higher) of a statistics course
- Two years of nursing experience. For RNs with less than two years of RN experience, the Graduate Curriculum Committee may consider other significant experience in health care including working as an LPN.
Students will be asked to review and sign the technical standards published on the School of Nursing Website at Roberts Wesleyan University*International student applications evaluated on an individual basis
- Complete FREE online application
- Application essay Instructions and submission available through the online application.
- Resume - One-page professional resume highlighting your professional experience
- Two recommendations - Evidence of academic and professional qualifications from a supervisor and a previous educator
- Request Transcripts - One official transcript from all colleges/universities attended
- NOTE: Official Transcripts can be submitted electronically using the National Student Clearinghouse or eScrip. Send to “AGE-Admissions@Roberts.edu”
Additional Admissions Items
All Adult & Graduate Nursing students (including online) must comply with the New York State Public Health Law immunizations requirements. Visit our Health Center website for details.
A copy of your Registered Nurse License (Must include expiration date)
Call: 585.594.6600 | 800.777.4792 (toll free) | Email: AGE-Admissions@roberts.edu