Junior Mock Audition
JUNIOR MOCK AUDITION DAY
2022 Date: TBD
The Roberts Wesleyan College Department of Music and Performing Arts invites high school juniors to present a “mock” audition for our music faculty. This free one-day event is designed to help high school juniors gain experience and knowledge about what it's like to apply/audition for a college music program.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Perform a mock audition and receive comments from Roberts Wesleyan College Music faculty
- Learn about how to best prepare for the application/audition process
- Learn about our Roberts Wesleyan College Honors Band and Choir Festivals
- Speak with current Roberts Wesleyan College Music students
- Meet/speak with Roberts Wesleyan College Music faculty
- Meet/speak with the Roberts Wesleyan College, Admissions Team including a tour of campus
- Fill out and submit the online Junior Mock audition application.
- If you have questions, call 585-594-6101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The students will receive comments and be evaluated on their skills of tone production, intonation, musicality, lyrical phrasing, rhythmic accuracy, technical proficiency, sight reading, and overall musical experience.
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Please prepare two contrasting solo selections.
- The faculty may choose to hear all or part of your prepared selections depending on the length of each.
You do not need to bring an extra copy of your music for the faculty.
If you need an accompanist, music must be submitted to the Roberts Music Department by March 5, 2022.
For complete details contact:
Department of Music and Performing Arts
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive Rochester, NY 14624