2023 Audition Dates
- January 27th, 2023 (last day to register is January 13th, 2023)
- February 10th, 2023 (last day to register is January 27st, 2023)
- March 10th, 2023 (last day to register is February 24th, 2023)
- February 25th, 2023 (audition video due by February 11th, 2023)
- Submit your audition video
- Recorded on a smartphone or other high-quality recording device
- Upload to a shareable platform such as YouTube and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All video auditions received by February 19th will be eligible for one of our two Full Tuition Music Major Scholarships
- Attend live component over zoom on February 25th, 2023
- Submit your audition video
If you have questions, please contact the Department of Music & Performing Arts, at 585.594.6101 or email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Submit an Application to the College
Submit an Audition Request Form
On this form, you will select the date of your choice for when you would like to come for an in-person audition.
Prepare Your Repertoire
Please consult this page for a list of our repertoire requirments. All music therapy candidates are required to audition on an instrument of choice, and will attend an individual interview during their audition day.
An accompanist will be provided for all vocal auditions.
Post Audition: Scholarships
- All students who are accepted to the music department receive generous scholarships from the Department of Music and Performing Arts
- Students who audition on any of the in-person or virtual audition days will be considered for one of two full-tuition scholarships. Winners must deposit before March 31st to secure their scholarship.
Commonly Asked Questions
When can I audition?
See audition dates listed above. Fill out the online audition application to let us know when you're coming!
What are the audition requirements?
You can find them here. An accompanist will be provided for all vocal auditions. All other instruments will need to provide their own accompaniment.
Are there music scholarships available?
Yes! There are two full-tuition music scholarships available this year (one vocalist and one instrumentalist). Winners will be notified before March 17th and must deposit before March 31st in order to secure their spot.
Other music scholarships are available up to $7,000 per year. These will be available equally on each audition day.
Music scholarships are only a part of the student financial package.
When will I find out about my scholarship once I've auditioned?
We send out scholarship letters within two weeks from your audition date.
Is there a music theory test during the auditioning process?
Yes. There are short music theory and aural skills assessments to help determine your strengths and weaknesses.
Should I audition on more than one instrument?
If you are undecided about your performance area, you may audition on more than one instrument.
What should I wear to my audition?
Please dress nicely. You want to look and feel professional.