Non-Music Major Scholarships
Are you considering enrolling in Roberts, but not as a music major? Are you in the choir, orchestra, or band in your high school? Did you know that you do not have to be a music major at Roberts to participate in both our large and small ensembles?
We Have Non-Music Major Ensemble Scholarships Available!
- Scholarships awarded based on skill level and our need for the
instrument/voice part in our ensembles.
- Scholarships will be awarded once you’ve completed your Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- If you have any questions, contact the Department of Music & Performing Arts
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-594-6101.
- To sign up for an audition, please email email@example.com with the subject
line “Non-Music Major Scholarship Audition.” In your email, please include the
- Best phone number
- Instrument/voice part
- We offer virtual and in-person audition opportunities.
- Scholarships will be awarded starting April 1st, 2023.
- Vocalists will need to re-audition at the start of the semester to be placed in the appropriate vocal ensemble.
- Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a day and time that works best for you!
- If you are unable to travel to campus, you are welcome to audition during the first week of classes.
- Once you express interest via email, we will send you instructions for how to
submit your video recording to us.
- You will be asked to submit a recording of you performing one solo piece,
either with or without accompaniment. Please choose a selection that is
moderately advanced to advanced in skill (if you are from New York, this would
correspond to a NYSSMA Level 5 or Level 6 solo).
- Once we have received your video recording, we will pass it on to our ensemble
- Professor Paul Shewan will hear instrumental auditions and will contact you via
email to arrange a brief Zoom interview.
- Professor Adam Potter will hear vocal auditions and will contact you via email
to arrange a brief Zoom interview.