Home - Department of Music and Performing Arts - Invitational Choral Competition
Invitational Choral Competition
Save the Date: Monday, November, 6th, 2023
Choirs from across the region will come together on the Roberts campus in a spirit of healthy and supportive competition to earn the distinction of Grand Champion Choir. Mixed Voice, Treble, and Tenor/Bass high school choirs are invited to participate.
Incentives To Join The Competition Include:
- Pre-competition clinic with Dr. Adam Potter
- Performance of up to 15 minutes of music onstage in Hale Auditorium
- Onstage clinic with one of our adjudicators
- A professionally recorded CD and MP3 of both performance and stage clinic
- Video recordings of an onstage performance
- Trophies for winning ensembles
- Grand Champion ensemble has the option to perform a joint concert with the Roberts Chorale
$200 per choir & $8.50 per person for lunch
Competition Repertoire Guidelines
- Each choir will perform two (2) pieces of contrasting styles.
- When considering contrast, we encourage pieces of different historical eras, different languages, and different tempi/affect.
- We also encourage at least one unaccompanied piece (no instruments used), although this is not a requirement.
- There is no minimum level of difficulty of the music chosen.
- Music should be appropriate to the ability of the ensemble.
- The judges will take the difficulty of repertoire into effect when rating the technical and artistic achievement of each ensemble.