Pathway to Teaching - NYS Certifications
Students completing the Pathway to Teaching program will apply for NYS Teacher Certification in the weeks prior to graduation. The Department of Teacher Education recommends students to NYS for certification upon successful completion of the program. The application is processed by the NYS Office of Teaching Initiatives.
Eligibility for NYS Certification
To be eligible for NYS certification through Roberts Wesleyan College, the student must:
- Graduate from one of our state-approved programs.
- Complete and pass the Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA). Students will begin work on this assessment during student teaching. It is anticipated that Cohort 11 students will student teach in the spring of 2018.
- Take and pass all required New York State Teacher Certification Exams (NYSTCE).
- Attend a Child Abuse workshop, SAVE workshop, Autism training, and DASA training (offered on-campus once per semester free of charge).
- Have official fingerprints recorded and approved for clearance.