Pathway to Teaching - Admissions & Application
To be considered for enrollment in the Pathway to Teaching program, prospective students must:
- Have completed at least 60 hours of college credit with a C or better, with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a scale of 4.0
- Have fewer than 30 hours of General Education and/or Content core coursework still to be completed
If you need additional credits to enter the program, consult the Academic Advisor to determine the coursework to best prepare you to meet NYSED certification requirements.
- Attend an Information Meeting
- Unofficial transcript review with Academic Advisor. NOTE: Official transcripts can be submitted electronically using the National Student Clearinghouse or eScrip. Send to "Roberts Wesleyan College AGE Admissions."
- Complete FAFSA
- Submit all forms/documents:
Final decision is made by Admissions and the Program Director. You will be notified by email and U.S. mail.
- Official transcripts
- Professional recommendations (2)
- Writing sample
- 250-300 words
- Describe the characteristics of an excellent teacher. Be sure to include a description of what an excellent teacher needs to know and be able to do.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: See Locations & Start dates for application deadlines.
Call: 585.594.6600 | 800.777.4792 (toll free)