Home - Undergraduate - Tuition and Aid - Forms and Documents

Forms and Documents

Main content

To receive federal or state financial aid, there may be some additional forms and documents needed.  Your financial aid offer letter will identify any items needed. Once you have received your offer letter, you may access your financial aid information at the Financial Aid Portal.

Financial Aid Application Forms and Links

Complete your FAFSA at www.studentaid.gov, as soon as possible. The Roberts Wesleyan University school code is 002805. If you are starting in Fall 2023, be sure to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA.

New York State TAP Application
Apply for TAP at www.hesc.ny.gov/content.nsf/SFC/Apply_for_TAP_Now and create an account. The TAP code for Roberts is 0640.

Verification Documents
If you were selected by the Department of Education for Verification of your 2023-2024 FAFSA information, complete, sign, and return the Verification Worksheet along with any requested documentation.

  • If you are a dependent student, you and your parent (s) will need to complete the Dependent Worksheet.
  • If you are an independent student, you and your spouse (if married) will need to complete the Independent Worksheet.
  • The 2023-2024 FAFSA is based on the 2021 tax filing year. If you, your parents, or your spouse are required to submit income information and were unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval on your FAFSA, you may submit either a 2021 IRS Tax Transcript (requested directly from the IRS) or a signed copy of your tax return, including schedules.

Financial Aid Appeal
Roberts Wesleyan University recognizes that you may have a significant change of circumstance or situation in your household that affects your ability to pay. To appeal your financial aid, please complete the 2023-2024 Financial Aid Appeal request form. This form must be signed by the student and parent (if dependent), and be submitted with a letter of explanation and documentation.

Qualified students may apply for the TEACH grant at www.studentloans.gov. The student must complete TEACH grant Entrance Counseling and the Agreement to Serve.

Federal Loan Forms and Links

Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Student Loan
First-time borrowers must complete both the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling before loan funds can be disbursed. The student borrower must sign in to www.studentloans.gov using the FSA ID previously established to complete both documents.  Print the confirmation page of each for your records. Roberts Wesleyan University will be notified electronically when completed.

Federal Parent PLUS Loan
A parent may choose to apply for a Parent PLUS loan no earlier than 90 days prior to the start of the semester. To complete the PLUS request, the parent will sign in to www.studentloans.gov using his/her FSA ID previously established. If approved, the parent must also complete the PLUS Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and the Entrance Counseling (if required as part of the approval).

If the parent is denied, Roberts Wesleyan University will notify the student if he/she would be eligible for an additional unsubsidized loan.

If the parent has special circumstances that would prevent him/her from being approved or able to pay a PLUS loan, the parent may request a PLUS Override review. The request cannot be considered unless signed, and all documentation is provided.

If You Have Questions

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at studentfinancial@roberts.edu or 585-594-6150.