Nursing Home Administration (Courses)
Non-degree Course Sequence (THIS IS NOT A CERTIFICATE PROGRAM)
Begin your journey to become a fully licensed Nursing Home Administrator in New York State (NYS) with this 5-course sequence offered completely online. Roberts Wesleyan College is one of the few colleges/universities in New York State to offer all five courses required by NYS Department of Health (DOH). Among other qualifications for licensure, applicants must also have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution. To learn more about all 6 qualifications required by New York State for licensure, visit the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) website.
NOTE: The Master’s in Health Administration includes 3 of the 5 courses required by NYS.
5 Courses Offered Completely Online:
- NHA 450 – Nursing Home Administration (4crs / 6wks)
- NHA 380 – Health Care Financial Management (5crs/8 wks)
- NHA 400 – Health Care Policy, Law & Ethics (5crs / 7 wks)
- SOC 300 NH - Gerontology (3crs / 5wks)
- NHA 410 – Human Resources in Health Care (3crs / 5wks)
*Total credits earned = 20 credits in 31 weeks
NOTE: Completion of these 5-courses does not result in a certificate, but rather satisfies NYSDOH "Qualification 3" toward becoming a Nursing Home Administrator. To view all 6 qualifications required for licensure by NYSDOH, please visit: http://www.health.ny.gov/professionals/nursing_home_administrator/quals.htm
For questions please contact the Nursing Home Administrator Licensure Program
- Total cost for all (5) courses = $8,240
- Each course is available at $412 per credit hour, which is the current Pathway Program cost per credit hour.
- NOTE: Students taking the Nursing Home Administration non-degree course sequence are not eligible for Financial Aid (loans or grants).
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
To Register for Courses:
To see when courses are offered please check the Pathway Courses schedule.
If you are a health care professional with at least a bachelor's degree and want to work toward licensure in New York State to become a licensed nursing home administrator, then contact: