For more information regarding any of the below subjects, please follow the relative links/instructions:
All New York State Teachers need an NYS TEACH account. Your account will stay with you through your professional career, and you will use it to perform functions related to certification.
- Go to TEACH System :OTI:NYSED
- Click on the box that says “Create an NY.gov TEACH Account”
- Enter and confirm your personal information
- Keep your login information handy for future use
Note: If you think you may already have a TEACH account, do not set up another account; instead, use the “Forgot Username/Password” to see if you are already registered.
In order to complete fieldwork in the schools, complete student teaching, or become certified, you must be fingerprinted through MorphoTrust/IDEMIA, and the results must be in your TEACH account. If you have already been fingerprinted for working in schools, you do not need to do it again. You can check your TEACH account to see if your results have been received and recorded.
- Log onto www.IdentoGO.com and click on “Get Fingerprinted.”
- Select “New York” and “Go.”
- Select “Digital Fingerprinting.”
- When asked for your Service Code, type in 14ZGQT.
- Select “Schedule or Manage Appointment.”
- Be sure to follow all instructions to schedule an appointment and make payment as necessary.
- If you have any questions, please contact OSPRA at email@example.com or call (518) 473-2998.
All New York State educators need to complete the following workshops for certification:
- Child Abuse Identification and Reporting
- Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
- School Violence Prevention and Intervention (SAVE)
Additionally, those who are seeking Students with Disabilities certification need to take the following:
- Coursework or Training in the Needs of Children with Autism
Roberts offers these trainings each semester for enrolled students; reach out to Kelly Wendlandt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.