Minimum Total Hours: 124
Total Liberal Arts Hours Required: 60
General Education Requirements: Per General Education list (see General Education Council); the lab science and mathematics proficiency requirements are met through the major.
Minimum Requirements: Overall and major GPA of 2.0; no grade less than C- in the major.
Transfer Requirements: See institutional transfer policies.
Application to the Major: Standard institutional major application should be submitted at the end of the sophomore year. A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 is required for acceptance to the major.
Major Requirements: 62 hours with a minimum of 13 hours in exercise science as follows:
- Required exercise science courses: 324, 324 lab, 325, 326, 450 (2 credit hours), and 498 (1 credit hour)
- Required biology courses: BIO 111, 111 lab, 201, 201 lab, 202, 202 lab (320 and 321 lecture/labs may be substituted for 201 and 202 lecture/labs), 205, 323, and 323 lab
- Required chemistry courses: CHM 111*, 111 lab, 114,
- Physical education courses: PED 202, PPE 250, 350, and 360
- Psychology requirements: PSY 310 (101 and 201 filled through General Education)
- Computer science and mathematics requirements: CSC 101 or 140; MTH 200
- Additional 12 credit hours needed for Pre-Physical Therapy students: PHY 101, 101 lab, 102, 102 lab, and BIO 112, 112 lab.
* CHM 111R (0) will be required as a corequisite to CHM 111 if it is determined that additional support will benefit the student.
View the full course check sheet for detailed information about course requirements (pdf).