The undergraduate degree in biomedical science prepares students for a growing number of careers and graduate programs, from scientists in healthcare, government, and industry, to graduate level healthcare programs (e.g., allopathic medicine, epidemiology, osteopathic medicine, physician assistant, public health, physical therapy, or occupational therapy). The program combines a strong foundation in general sciences with special emphasis in anatomy, physiology, pathology, and mechanisms of disease. Students will graduate with a strong understanding of the biological and chemical systems in the human body.
PREPARE FOR YOUR CAREER AND GRADUATE SCHOOL
This major will prepare you for a career in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Health Care Professions, Chemical education or engineering, and biomedical engineering.
INTEGRATE YOUR CHRISTIAN FAITH WITH SCIENCE
Dialogue about key scientific issues and faith during our Faith and Science Lunch Discussions, Barnes Symposium, and select courses. Students also have opportunities to serve the community through the Math and Science Club.
SMALL CLASS SIZES WITH EXPERT FACULTY AND FACILITIES
Faculty are committed to the student’s success and are readily available for questions. The state-of-the-art facilities promote excellent lab and research experience.
What Will I Learn?
The program combines a strong foundation in general sciences with special emphasis in anatomy, physiology, pathology, and mechanisms of disease. Students will graduate with a strong understanding of the biological and chemical systems in the human body.
Where Can It Take Me?
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Research / Scientist
- Clinical, biological, chemical technician/technologist
- Medicine (allopathic or osteopathic)
- Pharmaceutical or medical sales
- Physician Assistant
- Physical or Occupational Therapy
- Public health, healthcare administration, or genetic counseling
- Clarkson University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Daemon College
- University of Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Johns Hopkins University
- The Ohio State University
- Albany Medical College
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Liberty University College of Medicine
- SUNY University at Buffalo
- SUNY Upstate Medical College