Mission & Vision for the Office of Diversity and Belonging
The Office of Diversity and Belonging promotes and facilitates a campus culture where all people are safe, valued, and empowered through education and advocacy.
The Office of Diversity and Belonging serves to create excellent initiatives and programs that inspire the college community to value, champion, and celebrate diversity. The Office will be known for helping the campus community realize and address implicit and explicit biases that serve as barriers to equitable access for everyone. The Office will be a resource for cultural development and education for staff, faculty, students and the surrounding region.
Role of the Office of Diversity and Belonging
- Training on subjects of Diversity & Equity: Training incoming and current students, staff, and faculty
- Promoting Academic Success for historically underserved students: helping onboard students who may be academically behind because of environmental factors outside of their control.
- Facilitating personal, spiritual, and emotional growth for underserved students
- Influencing policies and procedures; promoting equity on our campus
- Institutional assessment of diversity and equity data and programs: creating systems of assessment to measure and track progress and barriers related to diversity & equity
- Community engagement: working with outside partners and expanding the network of Roberts
- See list (PDF) for scholarships specifically for multicultural students.