Friday, July 19th
Deadline for Application
July 22nd – Aug 1st
Friday, August 2nd
Acceptance Notices Sent
Friday, August 16th
Booth Fees & Tent Rental Fees Due
Friday, September 13th
Vendor Details Packet Sent including Booth Location
Friday, September 27th
Tent & Display Set up from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Do not leave products in tents overnight)
Saturday, September 28th
Booth Set up: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Homecoming Festival: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Clean Up: 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ABOUT THE HOMECOMING FESTIVAL
Alumni, parents, students, and friends are invited to enjoy the new live-music stage, fun food tents, shopping, and inflatables at the Homecoming Festival.
Alumni are exclusively invited to participate in the festival as vendors for arts and crafts. You, your business partner or your immediate family member must be an alum of Roberts Wesleyan College or Northeastern Seminary in order to participate in the festival as a vendor. After the alumni booths have been selected, student groups will be able to submit applications for a booth to fund-raise for their clubs and programs. Booth acceptance will be based on limited quantities in each category.
Alumni vendor and student group fundraiser booths will be located on the center of campus between Garlock Dining Commons, Golisano Library and Hastings Center for Academics. Booths will be set up along the walking paths to allow easy access for the 2,000 + attendees of homecoming. 15 class reunions will be taking place in individual tents from 12:00-2:00 pm right next to the vendor booths.
ATM available Near Garlock, West Entrance & in Voller Athletic Center, Upper Entrance.
Food tents will be provided by Metz Culinary. Food can be purchased between 11am-3pm. Cash Only.
JURIED ART & CRAFT FESTIVAL
Only those who are the hands-on makers of their work may participate in the Homecoming Festival. No BUY/SELL is permitted EXCEPT for those under the category of CAUSES which allows products & publications to be sold in support of a cause. Any exceptions to this for special reasons must be arranged in advance. Review the categories, timeline,and rules and select which category you will be applying under.
- BODY CARE Handmade soaps, lotions, etc.
- CAUSES Products, publications or information about causes that are aligned with the mission of Roberts Wesleyan College.
- CERAMICS Original clay work handmade & individually signed by the artist. No work from commercial kits, molds or patterns allowed.
- CLOTHING - Shirts, onesies, sweaters, etc.(no resale items)
- DRAWING/GRAPHICS Pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, etc.
- FIBER-ACCESSORIES Bags, purses, hats, belts, scarves, including those made from leather.
- FIBER-OTHER Wall hangings, quilts, rugs, mats, pet items, etc.
- GLASS No molds or other forms of mass production.
- JEWELRY Jewelers must be the designers & hands-on makers of their work.
- MIXED MEDIA Work where the primary intention is the union of two or more media, such as collage or dried floral.
- OTHER Candles, books, paper, etc.
- PACKAGED FOOD Handmade salsa, mustard’s, jams, etc. Packaged and intended for off-premise consumption.
- PAINTING Oils, acrylics, tempera, watercolor, etc.
- PAINTING DECORATIVE Applied to glass, wood, slate, objects as decoration.
- PHOTOGRAPHY Prints made from artists’ original work.
- PUBLICATIONS Original Books, Devotionals, Picture/Illustrated Books, etc.
- SCULPTURE 3-dimensional original work done in any medium.
- WOOD Original hand-tooled, machine-worked or carved work.
- There is no fee to apply.
- If the jury accepts your application, there is a non-refundable booth fee of $50 to secure your spot for a 10′ x 10′ space.
- A 10’ x 10’ tent is required for vendors. If you do not have your own tent, we will provide one for an additional $115 tent rental fee.
- Applications are not accepted after Friday, July 19th, 2019 at 5pm.
- You will NOT be paying online. You will mail a copy of your acceptance confirmation email with a check for $50 for the booth fee and an additional $115 for the optional tent rental fee if it applies.
- Please mail checks to: Attn: Michelle Blaakman, Roberts Wesleyan College, 2301 Westside Drive, Rochester NY 14624
HOMECOMING FESTIVAL RULES
- You, your business partner or your immediate family member must be an alum of Roberts Wesleyan College or Northeastern Seminary in order to participate in the festival as a vendor.
- You may only display and sell items in the categories in which you are entered. Example: ONLY those entered and juried in the Jewelry category may display or sell jewelry. You must select all the categories your items fall under.
- All work must be consistent with the 5 images you submit in your application and present for the jury.
- You must be the hands-on creator of everything you are selling, you must personally attend your exhibit. No BUY/SELL is permitted EXCEPT for those under the category of CAUSES which allows products & publications to be sold in support of a cause. Any exceptions to this for special reasons must be arranged in advance.
- Your booth must be open for all hours of the festival. Saturday, September 28th 10:00am–3:00pm.
- You will be asked to leave, without refund, for selling unauthorized items.
- If at any point you are not following the above rules, you will not be able to participate in future festivals.
- This is a juried festival. All decisions of the jury are final. Notifications from the jury are sent out by August 2nd.
- Spaces are 10x10 and your booth should be no larger than this. A 10’ x 10’ tent is required for vendors. If you do not have your own tent, we will provide one for an additional $115 tent rental fee.
- This festival is outdoors and you need to be prepared for any weather. For safety reasons, you MUST tie down your booth. Booths may not be level. Bring leveling devices and attach a minimum of 40lb. weights to each leg.
- You must collect and pay NY State sales tax (currently 8%). You must have a current NY State Sales Tax Certificate of Authority. You must provide us with this number prior to the festival (filled in on your application) and display the certificate in your booth during the show.
- This requirement is ONLY for Packaged Food & Body Care applicants: You will need to send us proof of insurance.
- Please bring your own change for cash transactions. ATMs will be available on campus.
SUPPORT PROVIDED BY ROBERTS
- Vendor Coordinator and volunteers will help with setup, clean up and any questions.
- If renting a 10’ x 10’ tent, we will set up the tent for you the day before the festival.
- Includes up to (3) 8-foot tables and (2) folding chairs.
- Free parking.
- Marketing on the website and social media.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, JULY 19th, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
You will be notified by Friday, August 2, 2019 if your application has been accepted. To secure your spot upon notification of your acceptance, you must submit your $50 booth fee and an additional $115 optional Tent Rental Fee if it applies. All Fees are due by Friday, August 16th or your spot may be forfeited.
Questions? Contact: Michelle Blaakman Email: email@example.com or Call 585-594-6837