Alumni Vendor Application Guidelines Homecoming Festival 2023
About the Homecoming Arts & Crafts Festival
We have so many talented people in our community and this arts and craft festival exists to celebrate their creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and social impact!
The Homecoming festival features a live-music stage, fun food, shopping, and inflatables for the whole Roberts community.
Alumni are exclusively invited to participate in the festival as shopping vendors. You, your business partner or your family member must be an alum of Roberts Wesleyan University or Northeastern Seminary in order to participate in the festival as a vendor.
Alumni vendor and student group fundraiser booths will be located on the center of campus between Garlock Dining Commons, Golisano Library and Hastings Center for Academics.
Booths will be set up along the walking paths to allow easy access for the 2,000+ attendees of homecoming which includes alumni, parents, students and friends.
Friday, July 28th
Deadline for Application
Friday, August 5th
Acceptance Notices Sent
Friday, August 25th
Tent/Table/Chair Rental Fees Due (If applicable)
Friday, September 8th
Vendor Details Packet Sent including Booth Location
Friday, September 22nd
Tent & Display Set up from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Do not leave products in tents overnight)
Saturday, September 23rd
Booth Set up: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Homecoming Festival: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Clean Up: 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Review the categories and select which category you will be applying under. Festival participants are expected to be the hands-on makers of their work, see exceptions below.
- BODY CARE Handmade soaps, lotions, etc.
- CAUSES Products, publications or information about causes that are aligned with the mission of Roberts Wesleyan College.
- CERAMICS Original clay work handmade & individually signed by the artist. No work from commercial kits, molds or patterns allowed.
- CLOTHING - Shirts, onesies, sweaters, etc.(no resale items)
- DRAWING/GRAPHICS Pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, etc.
- FIBER-ACCESSORIES Bags, purses, hats, belts, scarves, including those made from leather.
- FIBER-OTHER Wall hangings, quilts, rugs, mats, pet items, etc.
- GLASS No molds or other forms of mass production.
- JEWELRY Jewelers must be the designers & hands-on makers of their work.
- MIXED MEDIA Work where the primary intention is the union of two or more media, such as collage or dried floral.
- OTHER Candles, books, paper, etc.
- PACKAGED FOOD Handmade salsa, mustard’s, jams, etc. Packaged and intended for off-premise consumption.
- PAINTING Oils, acrylics, tempera, watercolor, etc.
- PAINTING DECORATIVE Applied to glass, wood, slate, objects as decoration.
- PHOTOGRAPHY Prints made from artists’ original work.
- PUBLICATIONS Original Books, Devotionals, Picture/Illustrated Books, etc.
- SCULPTURE 3-dimensional original work done in any medium.
- WOOD Original hand-tooled, machine-worked or carved work.
- There is no fee to apply or participate.
- If you would like us to provide chairs, tables, or a tent, the fees are: $184/tent, $15/table, $3/chair
- Please mail checks to: Attn: Sarah Riddell, Roberts Wesleyan University, 2301 Westside Drive, Rochester NY 14624
Homecoming Festival Rules
- You, your business partner or your family member must be an alum of Roberts Wesleyan University or Northeastern Seminary in order to participate in the festival as a vendor.
- You may only display and sell items in the categories in which you are entered.
- You must be the hands-on creator of everything you are selling, you must personally attend your exhibit. No buy/sell is permitted except for those under the category of “causes” which allows products & publications to be sold in support of a cause. Any exceptions to this for special reasons must be arranged in advance.
- Your booth must be open for all hours of the festival. Saturday, September 23rd from 10:00am–3:00pm.
- A 10’ x 10’ tent is required for vendors. If you do not have your own tent, we will provide one for an additional $184 tent rental fee. You must bring your own tables and chairs unless specified on the application. In which case, you must send a check for the specified rental amounts.
- This festival is outdoors and you need to be prepared for any weather. For safety reasons, you MUST tie down your booth. Booths may not be level. Bring leveling devices and attach a minimum of 40lb. weights to each leg.
- You must collect and pay NY State sales tax (currently 8%). You must have a current NY State Sales Tax Certificate of Authority. You must provide us with this number prior to the festival (filled in on your application) and display the certificate in your booth.
- This requirement is ONLY for Packaged Food & Body Care applicants: You will need to send us proof of insurance.
- Please bring your own change for cash transactions. ATM available in Voller Athletic Center, Upper Entrance.
Support Provided by Roberts
- Vendor Coordinator and volunteers will help with setup, clean up and any questions.
- If renting a 10’ x 10’ tent, we will set up the tent for you the day before the festival.
- Free parking.
- Marketing on the website and social media.
- Food and lunch items will be available for purchase during the festival.
Applications are due by Friday, July 28th, 2023
You will be notified by Friday, August 4, 2023 if your application has been accepted. If renting tables, chairs, or a tent, please send in fees by Friday, August 25th or we will not be able to provide them. If applicable, fees can be mailed in the form of money or check to 2301 Westside Drive, Rochester NY 14624 attention Sarah Riddell.
Questions? Contact: Sarah Riddell Email: email@example.com or Call 585-594-6526