What Our Grads Say
Robin Kanak Zwier '12
"Although I don't directly use music in my professional life, the B.A. in Music at Roberts allowed me to develop a level of discipline, critical thinking, and creativity that wouldn't have been possible otherwise. Being able to study both music and communication allowed me to look at both disciplines from a different perspective and develop innovative projects that were essential for my research and my graduate school applications."
M.A. in Communication from Villanova University (2014)
Nathan Stenberg '14
“Roberts taught me much more than what is written on my diploma. My teachers instilled into me that in order to be an artist, in the very sense of the word, that I must invest my whole self; body, heart, and mind into all I do. I constantly need to be asking the question of how to not only better tell the story I am trying portray in my performance, but that I must also better understand my own story, so to bring those two together in a living, breathing experience for my audience to partake in.”
- I am currently in my senior year of studies at Princeton Theological Seminary, in Princeton, NJ. I will be receiving my Masters of Divinity (M.Div.) in May.
- I wish to wed religious/theological studies with performance studies as a way to bring peoples of different faith traditions together to have conversations towards unity and appreciation, especially in this time of growing animosity and religious turmoil.
- This fall I will be completing a paid internship with the McCarter Theatre in Princeton, NJ, as well as continuing my work as a freelance musician, actor, and sound engineer in the greater NYC/Philadelphia area.
“The BA Degree in Music from Roberts gave me the flexibility to take additional courses in other fields, and maintain a student work-study position in the Finance Department at RWC. My music degree is what got me into grad school for voice, but that work-study job is what got me another more advanced position in Accounting. Now, I use both skill sets in my position at Eastman to connect with and support students and faculty in the Department of Financial and Human Resource Services."
- University of Oregon. MM Vocal Performance with the Award for Outstanding Graduate Performer.
- I studied with Mezzo Soprano Milagro Vargas.
Victoria Urbanczyk '13
“My BA degree from Roberts has prepared me for my current and future career in so many ways. I think the biggest impact it had on me was the fact that the music faculty and courses challenged me and took me out of my comfort zone. I gained so much confidence in myself not only as a musician but as a professional. Knowing that my professors had confidence in me, even when I did not, helped me shift my perspective and trust that I was going down the right collegiate path.”
- Bachelor of Arts in Music and Psychology
- Masters in Social Work from Roberts Wesleyan College
- I played viola with the RWCCO all throughout undergrad and grad school and now I am soon to begin my 8th year with the orchestra, 2nd year as a community member. I also participate in the alumni/community choir as often as I get the chance.