The Communication (CMC) major requires a minimum of 37 semester hours (13 courses) in Communication studies plus a Concentration of 18 hours (6 courses) in another field of your choice, as outlined below:
- Five Core CMC courses provide the foundation
- Six Distribution CMC courses provide choices and additional depth:
- Two theory courses (minimum)
- One speaking course (minimum)
- One writing course (minimum)
- One media course (minimum)
- A professional Internship (plus guiding seminar) provides hands-on experience and training
- A Concentration of six courses in an area of study outside of CMC provides academic breadth.
View the full course check sheet for detailed information about course requirements (pdf).