Nursing Transfer Process
What We Need From You
Transfer Nursing Admissions Standards
- 3.0 overall GPA
- 3.0 cumulative science GPA in pre-requisite science courses
- 3.0 GPA in pre-requisite nursing courses
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into Roberts Wesleyan University. An opportunity for additional testing and/or campus interview may be required prior to an admission decision.
A Transfer Credit Evaluation (TCE) will be completed if you are accepted to the nursing program.
- Transfer course equivalencies for some colleges may be found here.
The following courses must be completed to begin Junior level nursing courses and clinical rotations.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I (with lab)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II (with lab)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Introduction to Organic and biochemistry (with lab)
- Principles of Nutrition
- Foundations of Nursing Practice (must be completed at Roberts)
- General Psychology
- Developmental Psychology (Lifespan)
- Elementary Statistics
- Pre-requisite science coursework must not be older than 5 years from point of admission.
- Students may only retake a course one time to meet the GPA requirements. No more than 2 courses may be retaken in the nursing major, including the sciences, to raise the GPA to meet requirements to enter the program. A withdrawal counts as an attempt.
- Online labs for science courses are generally not acceptable for the Nursing program.
- Transfer credits will only be accepted from a regionally accredited college.
- Transfer credits will be awarded only for courses with a minimum grade of C-.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I transfer out of my current nursing program into the Roberts nursing program?
Students are not eligible for admission into Roberts Nursing program if they have been dismissed, failed out, or are unable to progress in the nursing or health care related program where they were last enrolled.
Does a student need to have all the pre-requisites completed before transferring to Roberts?
A student does not need to have all the pre-requisites completed before transferring to Roberts. However, all pre-requisites must be be completed before a student can continue into Junior level nursing courses and clinical rotations.
What if a student fulfills the admission requirements but has failed a nursing or science pre-requisite?
A student who has attempted the same nursing or science pre-requisite more than twice and failed, will not be granted admission into the Roberts Nursing program regardless of their GPA.