Roberts New York Promise is an initiative to provide a Roberts Wesleyan University education tuition-free to high-achieving students in New York who may not otherwise have the resources to attend a private institution.
All students who meet the criteria below will receive our Tuition Promise:
- Incoming first-year student who resides in the state of New York
- Student must be pursuing college full-time
- Student must meet academic criteria for the Trustee Scholarship
- Student must have an SAI of -1500 to 0 (receiving full Pell Grant)
- Outside of Admissions, no additional application is required
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
No additional application is needed. Submit a Roberts Wesleyan University Application or The Common App, including your FAFSA, as early as 1/1/2024.
What is the deadline for the Roberts New York Promise?
Roberts Wesleyan University has rolling admissions and will consider applicants throughout the year. For your own planning purposes, we encourage students to apply as soon as possible!
Will this impact other aid for eligible students?
The maximum amount of aid a student can receive is the full cost of tuition; therefore, other aid may be affected.
If my state residency changes, will I lose the funding?
Yes. If you move out of New York State and are no longer eligible for TAP, you would lose the NY promise funding specifically. You would still retain all eligible merit, talent and other RWU scholarships.