Specifics of the History/Pre-law B.A. Degree
Minimum Total Hours: 124
Total Liberal Arts Hours Required: 90
Major Requirements: 56 hours as follows:
- HST 205 The Historian’s Craft
- HST 420 Seminar in Historical Topics
- 6 hours of American history
- 6 hours of European history (HST 102/103 cannot count)
- 3 hours of non-western history
- 9 hours of Criminal Justice (from CRJ 101, CRJ 201, CRJ 205, CRJ 401)
- 8-9 hours of political science
- 6 hours of Communication (from CMC 207, CMC 302, CMC 333, CMC 409)
- 3 hours of economics
- 9 hours of history electives (The general education complement course -- HST 102 or HST 103 -- can count as a history elective; a second HST 420 can count as long as the subject/content differs).
View the full course check sheet for detailed information about course requirements (pdf).