Mary Stevens, M.S., RN, Faith Community NurseAssociate Professor of Nursing; RN to BS Program
Areas of Specialty
- Certified in Program Evaluation
Areas of Interest
- Evidence-based practice and research in nursing
- Community health, especially related to health disparities
- Faith-based community health strategies
- Sigma Theta Tau (5/2002 – present)
- Interdenominational Health Ministry Coalition (5/2013 – present)
- I love getting together with family and friends: cooking, eating, and socializing.
- I am active with my church and attend two Community Bible Study groups as my schedule allows.
- I love to sew and do crafts, but have not had time to do much recently. I did join a small quilting group and have gotten as far as purchasing a rotary cutter and a special ruler.
- My husband Tom took early retirement so he could travel and volunteer internationally. He has taken multiple trips to other parts of the world, both to climb mountains and to volunteer at a school in Tanzania.
- Tom and I traveled to Turkey for two weeks in February (2014) and then also went to Brazil for two weeks in June (2014). We very much enjoy experiencing other cultures.
One of my favorite verses is - “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NIV)
What I love about this verse is that it gives me hope and a reason to continue to have faith even when things look bleak. God can work for good in even the darkest and most difficult circumstances as I continue to love Him and trust in His good will toward me.
Thoughts About Roberts
I am so thankful to be able to teach at a college where I can openly share my faith and be actively involved in helping students learn and grow both intellectually and spiritually.