Areas of Specialty
- Rehabilitation Nursing
Education of undergraduate nurses and direct caregivers (nursing assistants) in the provision of geriatric-specific care. The elderly are growing in numbers in America and we must be prepared to meet the diverse and complex needs of this population with the specific skills needed to deliver quality care.
Transcultural nursing. Nurses traveling to indigent areas both in our local communities and around the globe can show the love of Christ to others. We become the literal hands and feet of Christ as we use our clinical and spiritual skills to serve those in need of nursing care.
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
- Good Neighbors Health Care Clinic: Indigent care to those in need in the Buffalo area with a focus on spiritual as well as health care
- Missions trips to Haiti with my church
- Travel Costa Rica with undergraduate students engaging in transcultural nursing
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau
- Spending time with family
- Sports of all types from playing to watching my kids play or coaching their teams
- A day at the beach
- Camping, Hiking, Biking, Running
Thoughts About Roberts
I am a Roberts traditional graduate so am naturally a fan of the traditional nursing education leading to a Bachelor's Degree in nursing. With the changing of the times and the influx of a large number of Associate Degree nurses in need of a Bachelor's degree in nursing, the Roberts RN to BS program has been blossoming. I am happy to teach in the RN-BS program where I can help prepare the nurses to meet the needs of today and to be an advocate for the needs of tomorrow's patients. I love that Roberts has been proactive in meeting the needs of nurses through the launch of the online RN-BS program to meet the needs of all types of learners with differing schedules. Equally important is the ability and commitment of the Roberts faculty to a faith-based learning environment. Nursing is such a great way to be the hands and feet of Jesus as we care for patients physically and spiritually. I am happy to be a part of the Roberts community again, this time as a faculty member.