Healthcare Informatics Administration, M.S.
[Healthcare Informatics Administration-1202]
Offered exclusively online and completed in about 18 months, this unique program blends the technical knowledge of a Medical Informatics degree with the business and leadership skills of our established Health Administration degree. Designed to bridge the communication gap between clinical, administrative and IT healthcare professionals, this degree does not require a technical background to begin.
In this program, students will address many of the complex issues raised by Healthcare Reform, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), privacy laws, and the electronic exchange of medical information.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college with a GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 point scale.
- Ideally, applicants will possess undergraduate degrees in a business, clinical, IT or healthcare related discipline.
- Two years work experience in a healthcare environment.
- Students with little or no healthcare experience may apply; however, admittance into the program may require an interview with the Program Director.
NOTE: We do not require applicants to submit GRE and GMAT test results for admittance into this program.
Because of the integrated design and cohort-learning structure of the graduate programs in the School of Business, it is critical that all students complete the required sequence of courses together. Therefore, in lieu of transfer credit students may be eligible for Advanced Standing Scholarships. An Advanced Standing Scholarship will be awarded for a course that would be considered transferable, but does not replace the course within the graduate program. Students approved for Advanced Standing Scholarships will be required to complete the designated course with the scholarship covering related tuition costs.
Students requesting an evaluation for the Advanced Standing Scholarship based on previous graduate coursework must submit course descriptions and/or syllabi for the relevant courses for review by the Program Director. The following guidelines apply:
- Only courses with an earned grade of B or better from an accredited institution may be considered.
- Courses will only be considered if the Program Director determines there is sufficient coverage of relevant material and concepts.
- A maximum of three courses can apply the Advanced Standing Scholarship for a graduate business program.
SPECIFICS OF THE HEALTHCARE INFORMATICS ADMINISTRATION, M.S. DEGREE
Minimum Total Hours: 42
Minimum Requirements: Cumulative GPA of 3.0, no grade less than B-.
Credits in the Program:
- MHA 530HI (3) Health Care Systems & Organizations
- BUS 500HI (3) Organizational Leadership
- MHA 520HI (4) Health Care Research Methods
- MHI 500 (3) Health Care Informatics
- MHA 580HI (5) Health Care Financial Mgmt
- MHI 515 (3) Health Care Data & Document Mgmt
- MHI 525 (3) Health Care IT Standards
- MHI 545 (3) Health Care Systems Analysis & Design
- MHI 595 (3) Decision Support Systems
- MHA 600 (4) Health Policy, Ethics & Law
- MHA 690HI (4) Strategic Planning Health Care
- MHA 695HI (4) Health Organization Transformation