Summer Literacy Program
The Summer Literacy Program is designed for young people going into grades 2-8. In the past, parents have found this experience helpful for readers and writers with a variety of strengths and areas of growth.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we will not be able to host the Summer Literacy Program on campus in its traditional form. However, we remain committed to serving children in the greater Rochester community during this unprecedented time.
- July 20-31 | Monday-Friday | Online/Remote
- For children currently in 1-7 grade
- Non-refundable Registration Fee: We will offer the remote learning experience at no cost as long as you and your child are committed to participating.
This year students will receive individual and small group literacy instruction. Our instructors are certified teachers who are completing a Master’s of Education in Literacy. The instructors will conduct assessments to determine students’ areas of strength and growth and provide appropriate instruction accordingly. For instruction, they will:
- Prepare a daily 10-15-minute mini-lesson videos for your child to view with recommendations for independent practice relative to the lesson.
- Meet daily in Google Meet for one-on-one literacy instruction with your child for one hour.
- Meet daily in Google Meet for a small group book club organized by your child’s independent reading level for about 30 minutes.
Instructors will also prepare progress monitoring and final reports for you and any school personnel you choose to receive them.
Watch a recap of a previous Summer Reading Clinic
To have your child considered for our services, please complete and sign the electronic form.
Registration for this program will begin March 2nd. Students will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Priority will be given to students in rising grades 2-8 and those experiencing reading difficulties.
If you have any questions about the Spring Literacy Program, please contact Ezrine Taylor, Program Coordinator, at (585) 594-6276 or via email at email@example.com.