Summer Literacy Program
The Summer Literacy Program is designed for young people going into grades 2-8. In the past, parents have found this experience helpful for readers and writers with a variety of strengths and areas of growth.
- July 24 - August 4, 2023 | Monday-Friday | Online/Remote
- For children currently in 1-7 grade
- Non-refundable Registration Fee: We will offer the remote learning experience at no cost as long as you and your child are committed to participating.
This year students will receive individual and small group literacy instruction. Our instructors are certified teachers who are completing a Master’s of Education in Literacy. The instructors will conduct assessments to determine students’ areas of strength and growth and provide appropriate instruction accordingly. For instruction, they will:
- Prepare a daily 10-15-minute mini-lesson videos for your child to view with recommendations for independent practice relative to the lesson.
- Meet daily in Google Meet for one-on-one literacy instruction with your child for one hour.
- Meet daily in Google Meet for a small group book club organized by your child’s independent reading level for about 30 minutes.
Instructors will also prepare progress monitoring and final reports for you and any school personnel you choose to receive them.
To have your child considered for our services, please complete and sign the electronic form.
Registration for this program will begin March 1st. Students will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Priority will be given to students in grades 4-6 and those experiencing reading difficulties.
If you have any questions about the Summer Literacy Program, please contact Ezrine Taylor, Program Coordinator, at (585) 594-6276 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.