Home - Student Experience - Counseling Center

Counseling Center

Main content

The Counseling Center is committed to the emotional wellbeing and mental health of our campus community. We welcome students of all identities, including all ethnicities, racial identities, genders, gender expressions, cultures, religious beliefs, sexual orientations, national origins, ages, sizes, abilities, and/or socioeconomic statuses. We pride ourselves on meeting individuals where they are and coming alongside them to create a sense of support, hope, and direction.

In an effort to meet the needs of our students, we will be offering the option of both in-person (masked) therapy or teletherapy via a secure HIPAA-compliant platform. You will select your service mode preference as part of the intake process. Masks are currently required on campus for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.

To schedule an appointment: Please visit the Counseling Center page on the RWC Intranet site or visit us in the Wellness Center.

The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm when classes are in session.

Counseling is located in the Wellness Center on the upper floor of the Voller Athletic Center (VAC). The Wellness Center is down the hall from the bookstore and across from the mailroom. Please check in with the secretary at the front window to access Counseling Center services.

For Emergency: (585) 594-7777
Phone: (585) 594-6882
Email: counselingcenter@roberts.edu


There is no fee for counseling services for eligible students as this is covered through student fees.


Confidentiality is an important aspect of counseling. No one outside the Counseling Center is given any information — even the fact that you have been here — without your expressed written consent. Our intention is to provide students with a safe environment in which you feel comfortable to discuss your concerns.

The Counseling Center staff members follow the professional, legal and ethical guidelines of the American Psychological Association and the state of Pennsylvania. As a part of our service provision, we are required to maintain confidential records of all counseling sessions. This information is not included in your academic record, and it is not available to any other office on campus without your expressed written permission.

Please be aware that there are certain circumstances in which thera pists are required to breach confidentiality without a client's permission. Therapists are mandated to report certain information in which there is the possibility of harm to a client or to another person, in cases of child or elder abuse, or under court order. Your therapist will explain these situations to you in your first meeting.


All traditional undergraduate students, as well as graduate students in the following programs - PsyD, OT, MSW, School Psychology, and School Counseling. We are not able to provide services to faculty/staff or students outside of these programs.

Groups We Offer Throughout the Academic Year

The Counseling Center offers Group Counseling and Workshops throughout the academic year.

Skills Group: This group is designed to help individuals change behaviors, emotions, thoughts and interpersonal patterns associated with problems in living. Skills are taught to enhance the individual’s ability to regulate their emotions.  *You must be in individual counseling to participate in this group*

Haven: Haven is a confidential group on campus for students who are LGBTQ (gay, lesbian, bisexual/pansexual, or questioning their sexual orientation). This group provides a safe place to talk about issues of identity and faith with supportive others. If this describes you, you are welcome at Haven! You can contact the group directly here.

Anxiety Workshop: Wednesday, September 18th from 12pm-1pm in Ellen Stowe

Still have more questions? Please contact the Counseling Center at Counselingcenter@roberts.edu


Counseling Center Newsletter | April 2022

April 26, 2022

It may not be surprising to hear that there are rising mental health needsamong the student populati...(Read More)
Counseling Center Newsletter | March 2022

March 11, 2022

The Counseling Center has IN-PERSON groups available to students! While anxiety and depression rema...(Read More)