Recent NewsJuly 25, 2022
Alumni Spotlight: Julie Chapus’01 (Social Work, M.S.W.)
One of a Kind Program
Julie Chapus’01 (Social Work, M.S.W.) is the Founder of Miss Julie’s School of Beauty in Rochester, NY. This nonprofit cosmetology school is for survivors of human trafficking to earn a cosmetology license. And, at no cost to them.
Opportunity to Start Over
- Empower graduates to pursue a career in cosmetology
- Enables them to live independently
- Helps survivors who often have a hard time getting a job
Shout Out to Serving Others!
Roberts learned about the purposeful service to others that Chapus is providing from Kathryn Garrett’94 (Social Work).
“Meeting Julie in person is a joy. She loves Jesus, is passionate about rescuing women, and is committed to putting her faith into practice which so beautifully fits the motto of Roberts,” said Garrett.
More about Chapus:
- She’s the founder and director of Christ for Kids Ministries
- Earned an instructor's license for cosmetology in May 2021
- Read More
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.