Recent NewsAugust 19, 2021
Fall Update from the Roberts Covid-19 Team
We are looking forward to another great year on campus. Here are a few updates from the Covid-19 Team about our campus operations this fall.
Life on Campus
Many parts of our campus life are returning for the fall 2021 semester! We are excited to return to some of the events that we love that are held on campus in-person. A few things we are looking forward to:
- In-person traditional undergraduate chapels are returning on Wednesdays along with cafe chapels on Fridays in the Pearce Cafe
- Get ready to cheer on the Redhawks as spectators are returning to athletic events!
- Did you miss the salad bar and smoothie bar in Garlock? They’re back!
- Visitors will be allowed on campus and in residence halls during regular visitation hours
- At this time, masks are still required inside buildings and when in classes. However, masks are not required outdoors.
We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 rates in our community and will make changes to our campus operations if needed.
Returning to Campus
Based on the recommendations of our local health department, because of a current rise in Covid-19 cases in our county, ALL returning students must provide one of the following before returning to campus:
- proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination series OR
- proof of a negative PCR test administered no more than five days prior to arrival on campus OR
- proof of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and clearance from isolation in the last 90 days
All vaccination or test information must be submitted to the Campus Health Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing: We will continue our surveillance testing on campus this fall. Students without a verified vaccination on file will be testing weekly through the Campus Health Center.
Quarantine: Quarantine is still required for students who test positive for Covid-19 and for unvaccinated individuals who come into close contact with an individual who has tested positive. Unvaccinated students who have a confirmed Covid-19 exposure will be required to quarantine for 10 days after exposure. Residential students are required to quarantine off-campus. Expenses associated with quarantine are the responsibility of the student. In accordance with CDC guidance, vaccinated students who are in close contact with an individual who has tested positive will be required to wear a mask for 14 days but will not be required to quarantine as long as they remain asymptomatic.
If you have questions about how the campus is responding to Covid-19, visit https://www.roberts.edu/covid-19. Email questions to email@example.com.
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.