Recent NewsOctober 30, 2018
Roberts Welcomes New Faculty
This year, nine new faculty members joined Roberts Wesleyan who we hope will enrich our programs with academic strengths and enhance the diversity of ideas and educational innovation.
Dr. Sonnette Bascoe is an Assistant Professor of Psychology. She has been involved in teaching psychology since 2009 at Roberts Wesleyan, University of Rochester and SUNY Geneseo. She has presented at ten conferences over the past sixteen years on topics such as family systems theory, family relationship processes, and child/adolescent internalizing and externalizing symptoms, peer relationships, and school adjustment.
- 2016, M.S., Roberts Wesleyan College, School Psychology
- 2012, PhD., University of Rochester, Developmental Psychology
- 2009, M.A., University of Rochester, Developmental Psychology
- 2002, B.A., Spelman College, Psychology
Dr. Michael Chen is an Associate Professor of Accounting. Chen has 15 years of experience in assurance and advisory in the US/China for the multinational corporations. Previously, he was the lead manager in EY New York/New Jersey, Deloitte Princeton global R&D center, and the associate director at Deloitte China. Chen has been an invited lecturer for CICPA, China National Accounting Institutes (Beijing/Shanghai/Xiamen) and AICPA/CIMA. He also served as a professor in leading business schools in China for MPAcc programs and the independent career advisor for the Chinese students in US colleges. Chen spent one-year (full time) studying the Bible and business ethics. He is an active Christian faith practitioner.
- 2010, PhD., China Academy of Fiscal Science, Accounting
- 2001, M.S. in Accounting & MIS , Beijing Technology and Business University
- 1998, B.A., Beijing Technology and Business University, Finance
Matthew Davis is the Interim Systems Librarian. Davis will provide technical and project leadership for library technologies and systems. He is also adjunct faculty for Principles of Writing, Introduction to New Testament Literature and Theology and Introduction to Old Testament Literature and Theology. Previously, he was a graduate assistant and Northeastern Seminary.
- 2018-Present, M.S.I.L.S., SUNY University at Buffalo
- 2016-Present, PhD Student, McMaster Divinity College
- 2016, M.A. Northeastern Seminary, Theology
- 2011, B.A. Roberts Wesleyan College, Biblical Studies
Dr. Paulo Fernandes is a Professor of Computer Science. He has had a long career as a teacher and researcher in South America, Europe and in America. Previously, he taught at Pontifical University of Rio Grand do Sul in Brazil for 30 years as a Professor of Computer Science. He was a visiting professor of Information Technology at the University of South Florida and at the University of Edinburgh, in Scotland, in the School of Informatics. He believes it is important to equip students with the tools to make a positive difference in society as computer scientists and to be an educator who emphasizes technical evolutions with Christian values.
- 1998, Ph. D., Institute National Polytechnique de Grenoble, France, Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- 1990, M.S., Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, Computer Science
- 1987, B.S. Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, Computer Science
Dr. Dieuveut Gaity is an assistant professor of Social Work. Previously, he had a teaching internship at the University of Buffalo in the School of Social Work. He was a graduate assistant at University of Buffalo, State University of Haiti and the Theological Institute. Gaity has real-world experience working as a Social Work Counselor at St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center and Unity Chemical Dependency in Rochester. Gaity is fluent in English, French and Creole.
- 2018, PhD., SUNY Buffalo, Philosophy in Social Welfare
- 2012, MSW, Roberts Wesleyan College, Child and Family Interventions
- 2007, B.S., State University of Haiti, Social Work
Glenn Grana is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice. Grana is a retired Police Officer/Narcotics Investigator, with an extensive background in criminal and narcotic investigations, crime analysis and police academy instruction. Grana served 21 years in Law Enforcement in Rochester, NY, Alexandria VA, Ft. Worth, TX and Deerfield Beach, FL. His law enforcement career included nine years as a uniform road patrol and 12 years in criminal investigation. This background, added to time spent overseas as an International Police Advisor in Afghanistan and Iraq, provides a diverse level of experiences to apply to higher education.
- 2012, B.S. , Keuka College, Criminal Justice
- 2011, AAS, Monroe Community College , Criminal Justice
Jayne Knowlton is an Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy. Previously she was the owner and chief solutionist at Eve-n-Sol, Inc. She has experience teaching at Bryant and Stratton College. She has occupational therapy program leader experience at UR Medicine, in the education and treatment of lymphedema, and the previous Genesee Hospital.
- 2018, Boston University, Post-professional Doctorate in Occupational Therapy
- 2009, M.S., University of Rochester, Leadership in Healthcare Systems
- 1988, B.S., SUNY Buffalo, Occupational Therapy
- 1984, AA, Monroe Community College, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy and Physiology
Krista Hodgins-Levey is an Assistant Professor of Nursing. Previously, she was a Family Nurse Practitioner at Rochester General Endocrine-Diabetes Care with experience in urgent care, emergency care, primary care, in-patient hospital care and endocrine specialties. She also worked with endocrinologists, dieticians, nurses, and diabetes educators to provide medical care within an endocrinology practice at Unity Health System as well as other positions at Unity and St. Marys’ Hospital.
- 2000, MSN., St. John Fisher College, Nursing
- 1993, BSN, Roberts Wesleyan College, Nursing
- 1990, B.S., University of Ottawa, Nursing
Amy Rama is an Assistant Professor of Nursing. Previously, she was an Assistant Professor of Nursing at Alfred State College both in the classroom and online. She is also a Family Nurse Practitioner and has worked at United Health Care Group, UR Medical Center and Sleep Insights Medical Services in Rochester.
- 2015, Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of Rochester School of Nursing
- 2007, M.S., University of Rochester School of Nursing
- 2004, B.S., University of Rochester School of Nursing
- 2003, B.A., University of Rochester, Biology with a minor in Psychology
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.