Recent NewsAugust 5, 2022
Summer Construction Update: Golisano Community Engagement Center
This summer has been very active on the Roberts campus. It's been the perfect time to focus on the new construction of the Golisano Community Engagement Center and exciting changes that are happening both outside and inside.
The campus was very excited to see the name on the building, which was done on Aug. 1. This is significant not only visually but also that it represents the $7.5 million gift from Paychex founder and philanthropist Tom Golisano to build the innovative new Community Engagement Center, which is the largest gift in Roberts history.
The two-story center will be a hub for connection, collaboration and student life resources. It will be the first building on campus to provide centralized meeting spaces and community interaction opportunities for all students.
The building is really beginning to take shape! Here's a snapshot:
On the Outside
- Arches are complete
- North entrance precast concrete
- Southwest south elevation complete
- Porch ceiling is prepped for DIFS.
- Installing belt panels
- The team from Thompson Builds, Inc.is working on storm laterals for drainage
- The rooftops units installation has been completed
On the Inside
- The second floor restrooms 90% complete
- Brick installation is nearing completion in the gathering space
- Finishing drywall in the event space
- Installing ceramic tile in the kitchen
The work on the Golisano Community Engagement Center will continue through the fall. We are excited for this building and what a special addition it will be to our campus for engagement.
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.