August 22, 2017
Roberts and Northeastern Surpass Campaign Goal and Raise Over $44M
As we continue to celebrate all that God has done for the past 151 years, we are excited to announce that we have far exceeded our Legacy 150 Campaign goal, raising over 44 million dollars! As you may remember, in 2012, we began what is the largest campaign to date in the history of Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary, hoping to raise $42M with the idea to build the Crother’s Science & Nursing Center, grow enrollment, add more scholarships and increase the endowment for both institutions.
Grateful and Amazed at God’s Faithfulness
We recognize that it was only through partnership with faithful and generous donors – including alumni, friends and organizations – who believe in the missions of the College and Seminary, that we accomplished such an impressive goal and lasting legacy for both institutions. So for each one of you who participated in any way, we send a heartfelt thank you for your investment in transformational learning and Christian higher education.
Thank You for Your Commitment to Transforming Lives
In fact, we want to assure you that thanks to you and the lasting legacy of B.T. Roberts, Christian higher education is here to stay in Western New York. We are more than ever committed to the legacy and vision of our founder and continuing to do the work of transforming minds, hearts and lives through education and service.
Of course, there is more work to do, and we hope you will continue to give as a habit of the heart to enable generations of students to achieve their goal of education, transforming their lives in service to our communities and the world beyond. It is through you that we will ensure a legacy of hope, service and transformation.
We appreciate everything you do – from your prayers and volunteer support to your donations and fulfilment of pledges – as members of the Roberts and Northeastern families!
Here’s how your campaign donations stack up:
- Built the Crothers Science & Nursing Center
- Enables cross-disciplinary training events between Nursing, Criminal Justice, Social Work and NES in state-of-the-art Nursing Simulation and Skills Labs
- Allows for student research in Advanced and General Physics, Chemistry and Biology Labs and our new Graduate Research Lab
- Provides community access through Career-Exploration Summer Camps for high school students
- Renovated Smith Hall
- Houses the new Homeland Security major and the CSI Lab
- Includes precision renovation to accommodate the Optics and Electronics Labs and a Computer Lab with 3-D print capabilities
- Outfits Lake Auditorium with configurable learning space and full lecture capture technology
- Adds multiple large classroom and collaboration spaces
- Significantly increased Student Scholarships for Roberts and Northeastern
- Directly supports students
- Influences enrollment
- Welcomed new Roberts and Northeastern Circle Members
- Includes members who committed to an annual gift of $1,000 or more to Roberts, $500 or more to Northeastern or committed to annually support both institutions
- Grew the Endowment to ensure the health and longevity of the College and Seminary
- Provides additional scholarships for students
- Enables faculty development and programmatic support
For more news articles, you can take a look at our archive.