Become an Important Part of Nursing's Future - Become a Nurse Educator!
- Master the latest technological advances in education
- Develop your expertise through practice teaching in your area of choice
- Implement evidence-based teaching methods
- Prepare to work in multiple teaching settings
- Design a curriculum
- Develop a tool-box of creative teaching strategies
- Focus on clinical foundations
- Exciting and interactive classes one night a week for approximately 20 months or online
- Accelerated adult-formatted program allows focus on one course at a time
- 39 credits of graduate study
- Roberts Wesleyan cohort format enhances learning and provides networking opportunities
- Majority of modules are 5 weeks
- Caring nursing faculty committed to your success
- At least 15 weeks of breaks interspersed
- The course work, graduate project and practicum will prepare the graduate to be a dynamic educator
- Post-Masters Certificate in Nursing Education also available
Message from the Director
Roberts Wesleyan College's time-shortened master's programs are designed for working RNs who are in or are seeking leadership or educator positions in the healthcare system or academia. Using adult learning techniques and building on students' experiences as nurses, the challenging, nursing science curriculum will prepare you to be a participant in the improvement of the healthcare system.
The Master of Science in Nursing Education program features a significant focus on the methods and technology of contemporary health care education, and will develop your knowledge of education theory, curriculum design and innovative teaching methods. The course work, graduate project and practicum in teaching nursing will prepare you to be an innovative nurse educator.
Cheryl Crotser PhD, RN, NE-BC
585.594.6686 or GRADNURSING@roberts.edu