“You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for the people you meet and the books you read.” Mark Hamby
About Professor Geer
Sue worked as a Research Scientist in the Kodak Research Labs for 23 years in the area of Chemometrics and Molecular Modeling before being called into the classroom. In 2005, Sue moved her instruction into the high school mathematics and physics classroom at Northstar Christian Academy where she continues as the department chair.
Native to Western New York, Sue enjoys investing in Christian education with experience in college, high school, and home school environments. Her passion is to serve through a local Christian college to enthusiastically motivate students to work at higher levels of learning, to become familiar with mathematical and physical methods that support education and the workplace, and to use technology in that pursuit. Sue loves spending time with her husband Kevin, their four children, two sons-in-law, and three grandchildren. Sue, Kevin and their twin sons are actively involved at First Bible Baptist Church in Hilton.
Chemometrics: Mathematical Algorithm Development of Data Reduction & Interpretation Tools (2001 – 2005)
Chemometrics: Process Analytical, Chemical Metrology and Qualimetrics (1992 – 2001)
Computational Science: Life Sciences Investigations (1987 – 1992)
Computational Science: Quantum Chemistry Investigations (1985 – 1988)
Special Project Laboratory: Synthetic Organic Chemistry (1982 – 1985)
- S. Patent Number 4,476,007
Hemispherands and Sodium-Selective Compositions and Electrodes Containing Same
Toner, J.L., Daniel, D.S., Geer, S.M. October 9, 1984
- M. Goodgame, and S. M. Geer, “HMQCJFIT - Software for Analyzing HMQC-JSpectra”, J. Mag. Res., April (1993).
- H. Wadsworth, S. M. Geer, and M. R. Detty, “Preparation of arylpropiolate esters from trichlorocyclopropenium cation and elaboration of the esters to unsymmetrical 1,4-pentadiyn-3-ones and unsymmetrical tellurapyranones”, J. Org. Chem., 52, 3662 (1987).
- R. Detty, H. R. Luss, J. M. McKelvey, and S. M. Geer, “12-Te-5 pertelluranes from 1,2-oxatellurolyl-1-ium halides. Synthesis, structure, and reactivity. The quest for delocalization in 10-Te-3 telluranes and 12-Te-5 pertelluranes of thiathiophthene structure”, J. Org. Chem., 51, 1692 (1986).
- F. Smith, K. J. Coffman, and S. M. Geer, “Amidrazones. 8. Synthesis of 1,2,4‐oxdiazoles by thermolysis of N3‐acylamidrazone ylides”, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 20, 69 (1983).
- F. Smith, R. R. Soelch, T. P. Feltz, M. J. Martinelli, and S. M. Geer, “Amidrazones. VII. Formation of s-triazines by thermolysis of N1-benzyl-substituted amidrazone ylides”, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 18, 319 (1981).
Eastman Kodak Internal
- 7 Internal Publications
- 3 Internal Presentations
- 2 Internal Courses