- Certificate of Advanced Study University of Rochester, 2004
- Masters of Science in Education University of Rochester, 2004
- Masters of Arts in Mathematics State University of New York College at Brockport, 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Roberts Wesleyan College, 1988
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength. ”Deuteronomy 6:5
About Professor Scheske
As an alumnus of Roberts Wesleyan College, Karen has a certain affinity for the whole process of education at Roberts. Karen firmly believes that students are presented with an education that involves not only academics but addresses personal/spiritual issues as well. She also believes that it is up to each student to participate in her/his education to the extent s/he chooses.
Knowing/believing this, Karen strives to make the classroom a place of learning that is also fun. While not everyone may appreciate her sense of humor, she makes the most of it in the classroom. Mixed with content and humor is often a dose of life experience that just might help students to make the most of their learning.
As for the time spent outside the classroom, Karen, her husband Todd, and their two dogs (both Australian Shepherds) enjoy living in Chili. Todd is an avid amateur cyclist and Karen has become a cycling official. The dogs are not as enthused about cycling but love traveling anywhere and meeting new people.
Association of Christians in the Mathematical Sciences
Mathematics Association of America
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- MTH 121 Applied Algebra
- MTH 150 The Nature of Mathematics
- MTH 200 Elementary Statistics
- MTH 261 Math I for Elementary School Teachers (math and science concentrations)
- MTH 262 Math II for Elementary School Teachers (math and science concentrations)
- MTH 270 Discrete Mathematics
- MTH 281 Calculus I
- MTH 400 History and Foundations of Mathematics
- GED 100 First-Year Seminar