- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- St. John Fisher College, M.B.A., Accounting/Finance
- University of South Carolina, B.S., Management; Concentration in Personnel and Labor Relations
Joe joined the RWC faculty in 1999 after serving at Keuka College for 10 years as their Business Chair and Associate Professor of Accounting/Management, but soon left RWC for M&T Bank to become their first Vice-President and Director of Corporate and Commercial Training and Development. In 2008, Mr. McCarthy re-joined the RWC faculty on a full-time basis, and has since served in a variety of capacities:
- 2008-2013 - served as both a professor within the Departments of Business and Adult & Professional Studies as well as Chair for the Department of Adult & Professional Studies for two years.
- 2014 - served as Interim Executive Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- 2015 - served as the College’s Interim Executive Director for Adult & Graduate Education (AGE) Enrollment
Currently, Mr. McCarthy is serving as Interim Chair for the Teacher Education Department, but continues to teach accounting courses both at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
In addition to his roles at M&T Bank and his various leadership positions at Roberts, Joe has worked for and/or with many business organizations as well as owned several small businesses in the Rochester area. He is currently the President of JGM Capital, LLC which owns and manages a portfolio of residential resort-rental properties in FL and SC. In addition, Mr. McCarthy serves as a Board member and Treasurer for a local non-profit organization, Artists Unlimited, Inc.