- PhD-Syracuse University, Child and Family Studies, 2005
- MSW-St Louis University, Social Work, 1984
- M.Ed.- St. Lawrence University, Counseling, 1979
- A.A.S.-Tompkings Cortland Community College, Registered Professional Nursing, 1978
- B.A. State University of New York, Psychology, 1977
Research & Special Interest:
- Current research—Gatekeeping in the MSW Program
- Past research—The Impact of Marital Infidelity on the Offended Spouse
- Leads education/support group for blended families.
- Meldrim, H. (2005). The impact of infidelity on the offended spouse: How Christian men and women cope. Amazon.com.
- Meldrim, H. (2002). The Oklahoma City bombing: Working with the recovery workers. Social Work and Christianity, 29 (2). 131-143.
- Association for Marriage and Family Ministries
- Clinical Supervisor Petra Place Christian Counseling Center
Courses Teaching at RWC:
- Family therapy
- Group Work
- Social Work Practice and Religion
- Orphaned Children around the Globe
- Practice with individuals, families and groups
- Marital Therapy
Married with six children, six grandchildren and three step children.
Enjoys family activities, camping, travel, cruising and gardening