2018-2019 Concert Schedule
Homecoming | A Night at the Movies – Music from the Silver Screen
Friday, September 28, 2018 | 7:30 p.m.
Come hear the RWCCO take us from Star Wars to Mozart, from comedy to drama, from familiar classics to popular favorites. This entertaining, uplifting, and inspiring evening of film music will also include performances with the Chorale and soloists.
Andrews B. Hale Auditorium | Howard Stowe Roberts Cultural Life Center
$20 for adults, free for kids 12 & under. For tickets, go to www.roberts.edu/CLC or call (585) 594-6008.
Liszt, Borodin and Dvořák
With the RWC Chorale
Saturday, November 10, 2018 | 7:30 p.m.
- Liszt, Mazeppa finale
- Doyle, Sense and Sensibility Suite (Léa Hossack Bouillon, soprano)
- Borodin, Polovetstian Dances (with RWC Chorale)
- Dvořák, Symphony No. 7 in D Minor
Christmas Gala Music Scholarship Concert
Saturday, December 8, 2018 | 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, 2018 | 3:00 p.m.
Hale Auditorium, Howard Stowe Roberts Cultural Life Center
Contact the RWC Box Office early for tickets. Call us at (585) 594-6008, or visit www.roberts.edu/CLC.
Shostakovich, Handel, & Concerto-Aria Competition Winners
With the RWC Chorale
Saturday, February 9, 2019 | 7:30 p.m.
- Handel, Coronation Anthem: Zadok the Priest (with the RWC Chorale)
- Mozart, "Deh, per questo istante solo" from La Clemenza di Tito | Kaitlyn Newman, mezzo-soprano
- Grondahl, Concerto for Trombone and Orchestra, I. Moderato assai ma molto maestoso | Vincent Huang, trombone
- Shostakovich, Gadfly Suite
Oboist Erik Behr (principal oboe, RPO) & Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4
Saturday, April 6, 2019 | 7:30 p.m.
- Francaix, L’horloge de flore “Flower-Clock”: Erik Behr, principal oboe, RPO, Roberts Wesleyan College professor of oboe
- Tchaikovsky, Symphony No. 4 in F Minor, Op. 36
Allen Vizzutti, Trumpet Virtuoso
Saturday, April 27, 2019 | 7:30 p.m.
Considered one of the finest trumpeters in the world, Allen Vizzutti returns to perform trumpet pyrotechnics & jazz favorites.
Superman March (1978) by John Williams
My Italian Heart by Allen Vizzutti
Yoda’s Theme by John Williams
from The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Touch by Allen Vizzutti
Glide by Allen Vizzutti
A Night in Tunisia (1941) by Dizzy Gillespie, arr. Tyzik
Danzon No. 2 (1998) by Arturo Marquez
American Jazz Suite by Allen Vizzutti
Sing, Sing, Sing (1936) by Louis Prima, arr. Tyzik
$25 for Premium, $22 for Regular, and $19 for Value seating. For tickets, go to www.roberts.edu/CLC or call the RWC Box Office at (585) 594-6008.
*Unless indicated otherwise, all performances are free and open to the public. Performances will be in Hale Auditorium (Cultural Life Center).