2017-2018 Concert Schedule
Homecoming, Friday, September 22, 2017 - Ella at 100! featuring Faith Amour ‘09, Brittany Walker ‘12 & Chelsea Chambers ‘17
Presented By RWCCO
Celebrating 100 years of Ella Fitzgerald, the “Queen of Jazz.” Her most famous songs will be brought to life by three fantastic Roberts alumni and will be accompanied by the Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Combo, under the direction of Professor Mike Van Allen, and the Roberts Wesleyan College Community Orchestra under the direction of Dr. Paul Shewan.
Andrews B. Hale Auditorium
Howard Stowe Roberts Cultural Life Center
$15.00 each. Tickets go on sale August 9, 2016. www.roberts.edu/CLC. Or Call (585) 594-6008.
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 7:30 PM (Pre-concert talk at 7:00 PM) - Beethoven's Triple Concerto
- Beethoven, Triple Concerto in C, Op. 56
The Slavia Trio
- Hermann, Suite from Vertigo
- Kodaly, Hary Janos Suite
Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 7:30 PM - Bernstein Centennial and Mendelssohn's 3rd
- Bernstein, Candide Overture
- Bernstein, Prelude, Fugue and Riffs
- Wieniaski, Violin Concerto No. 2 in D minor, Op. 22, I. Allegro moderato - Concerto Competition Winner Iuliia Trishchuk, violin
- Gounod, The Jewel Song from Faust - Aria Competition Winner Léa Hossack Bouillon, soprano
- Mendelssohn, Symphony No. 3 in A minor ("Scottish")
Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 7:30 PM - Rachmaninoff's Romantic Symphony No. 2
- Beethoven, Egmont Overture
- Rossini, Semiramide Overture
- Enesco, Romanian Rhapsody No. 1
- Rachmaninov, Symphony No. 2
*Unless indicated otherwise, all performances are free and open to the public. Performances will be in Hale Auditorium (Cultural Life Center).