Current Therapy & Support Groups
Anxiety & Depression Treatment Groups for Children & Adolescents
What is it?
- 12-week group therapy program called Unified Protocol for Transdiagnostic Treatment of Emotional Disorders in Children (UP-C)and Adolescents (UP-A)
Who is it for?
- Children (ages 8-12)
- Adolescents (13-17)
- Parents (separate, co-occurring group)
What problems will it help?
- Stress, worry, social anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, health anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder and depression
When is it offered?
- Weekly, 7-8pm, Wednesdays, October 26th, 2022 – February 1st, 2023 (with breaks for the holidays)
Where are groups held?
- WPS Clinic, 7 College Greene Drive, N. Chili, NY 14514
How do I sign up?
- Signups are currently closed for Fall Groups, but stay tuned for Spring signups, in March 2023!
The goal of the UP is to reduce the intensity and frequency of negative emotions, through emotion-focused education, awareness techniques, cognitive strategies, problem-solving, and an array of behavioral strategies. A parent group runs separately, at the same time as the children and adolescent groups, to equip parents with unique knowledge, skills, and support for parenting children and adolescents with emotional needs.
To ensure that this group is appropriate for each youth, screening is required.