Homeschool Students

Join the many homeschool students who have made Roberts Wesleyan their college of choice!

The Admission process is mostly the same for a homeschool student as it is for any other incoming freshman.  However, there are a few additional steps we encourage you to consider:

1. New York State Aid: NYS residents wishing to receive TAP (Tuition Assistance Program-state grant) need to demonstrate an “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) for higher education.  Presently, the SAT and ACT are not acceptable ATB tests.  G.E.D. or high school diplomas (from a school registered with the state of New York) are accepted, as are passing scores on one of several basic skills tests.  See the New York State web site for a complete list of ATB tests. Roberts Wesleyan College offers the Accuplacer (an ATB approved test) on campus for your convenience.

2. Homeschool Transcripts: As we require of all applicants, we will need a complete transcript of all your high school work for 9th through 12th grades.  An umbrella home-school organization or the teaching parents may submit your transcripts to us.  Click here for resources to help create a transcript.  It should include:

    • Years of Study
    • Course Titles
    • Letter grades
    • Credits or units completed
    • Grading scale
    • Cumulative GPA
    • Graduation Date

3. Dual Enrollment Courses: If you are completing any dual-enrollment courses (college-level courses that you want to use for both high school and college credit), please indicate the name of the college on your Application for Admission.  Your dual enrollment coursework should also be inluded on your high school transcript.  To determine transfer credit, we will also need an official college transcript from that institution. 

For information about taking Dual Enrollment Courses at Roberts, please click here.