Strategic Leadership - Online
We offer a unique accelerated program format that provides the solution for working adults to achieve their educational goals!
An accelerated format designed for those who need an even more flexible schedule!
Competition, recession, time commitments, limited resources – these are some of the challenges that professionals in all types of organizations and businesses face as they position themselves for success. Government data continues to support the correlation of career goal attainment – including earning potential – with the achievement of advanced degree attainment. In our commitment to serve our student population with best educational practices, the most efficient delivery systems, and state-of-the-art technology, Roberts Wesleyan College introduces our Master of Science in Strategic Leadership (MSL) degree program ONLINE.
The ability for students to study the unique business and leadership curriculum of the MSL online creates an opportunity for adult learners outside of the Rochester community – and for professionals with variable work schedules – to participate according to their own schedules. Students will study an integrated approach to theory and coursework application that will prepare them to assume leadership roles, both professionally and personally. The unique Strategic Leadership degree is one of only a handful of leadership graduate degrees in the country and is now available across the U.S. and beyond.
- The curriculum and coursework are the same as that of the classroom-based MSL program, delivered since 1996.
- The learning equity increases with online learning. Students cannot sit through a discussion without contribution as can be the case in a brick and mortar classroom; every student is required to participate and to add to the discussions that take place in the online classroom.
- Two (2) residencies are required and are scheduled during the early part of August each year, both housed on the campus of Roberts Wesleyan College.
- The work/life integration affords much more flexibility to the online learner. Because there is not set “classroom” time (outside of the residencies), students can attend to their school work at the times most convenient to them. In other words, it is not synchronous learning, but rather asynchronous learning.
- The program begins August 1 of each year; degree completion is less than 18 months.
A one-week, on-campus residency is required each year over the duration of the 18 month program:
- The residencies for the online program will take place at some point during the first week of August each year (Monday – Friday timeframe).
- The first-year residency will include an orientation; a writing lab; teambuilding; an introduction and navigation for the library system and Roberts’ intranet; instruction for building PowerPoint presentations with voice-over features; and opportunities to interact with faculty, staff, and fellow students.
- Accommodations and meals will be provided.
- At the second-year residency, students will deliver their Leadership Development Presentations and will complete the bulk of their coursework for BUS 515 Financial Management.