Healthcare Informatics Administration, M.S.
Lead clinical, non-clinical and IT health care personnel with your master’s in Healthcare Informatics Administration.
This unique program blends the technical knowledge of a Medical Informatics degree with the business and leadership skills of our established Health Administration degree. Designed to bridge the communication gap between clinical, non-clinical and IT healthcare professionals, this degree does not require a technical background to begin.
- 17 months to completion, offered exclusively online
- GMAT’s and/or GRE’s are not required for admission
- Exam-free curriculum—grades based on papers, presentations and projects
- Full-time faculty and specialized adjuncts committed to student success in healthcare
Community Leadership Project Provides Industry Experience
At the end of the program, students have the opportunity to apply their knowledge by interacting with local healthcare executives in a consultation project designed to provide the healthcare organization with answers to questions, program or marketing research data, opportunity exploration, or project development.
This degree is ideal for:
- Information Systems Professionals who aspire to leadership roles such as Director or CIO and would like to broaden their understanding of how information systems are transforming the clinical care delivery environment.
- Nurses who are interested in playing a key role in managing and improving the process of transforming nursing data into electronic records.
- Physicians who are interested in shaping the way clinical informatics are used to improve patient care and safety or aspire to a role such as CMIO.
- Healthcare Administrators who seek to understand and play a role in how information technology is transforming both care delivery and its impact on payment reform.
Graduates will be equipped to lead their organizations as they address the complex issues raised by Health Care Reform, Electronic Medical Records (EMR), privacy laws, and the electronic exchange of medical information. Key topics will include healthcare informatics, strategic planning, financial management, and organizational transformation.
If you want to lead your healthcare organization and be on the cutting edge of healthcare informatics, contact us today at:
Roberts Wesleyan College participates as a member of the following organizations:
- Rochester Health Care Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- New York Medical Group Management Association (NYMGMA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems (HIMSS)