New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students, born after 1956, who are taking 6 or more credits per semester (or 4 credit hours per quarter), to submit proof of immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella.
Immunity can be demonstrated in one of the following ways:
- Documentation of 2 MMR vaccines (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Documentation of measles vaccination (2 doses), mumps (1 dose), rubella (1 dose)
- Titer tests (blood tests) showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella
New York State Public Health Law 2167 requires all students, regardless of age, who are taking 6 or more credits per semester (or 4 credit hours per quarter), to submit proof of vaccination for meningococcal meningitis (administered within the last 5 years) or sign a signed waiver declining the vaccine.
PLEASE NOTE: If your meningitis vaccination exceeds 5 years from the date of administration while you are still a student at RWU, you will be required to be revaccinated or signed a waiver to decline vaccination at that time. Please be mindful of when your meningitis vaccination will need to be renewed.
At this time, RWU requires all students to provide proof of the above vaccinations.
- A licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or licensed midwife caring for a student certifies in writing that the student has a health condition that is a contraindication to receiving a specific vaccination, then, a permanent or temporary exemption may be granted.
- A student may be exempt from vaccination if, in the opinion of the institution, the student holds genuine and sincere religious beliefs which are contrary to the practice of immunization. Request for religious exemption must be submitted in writing.
Please contact the Wellness Center if you believe you qualify for an exemption.
HOW TO SUBMIT VACCINATION RECORDS
- **PREFERRED METHOD for faster processing** Upload your immunization history and proof to the student health portal by going to Roberts.studenthealthportal.com (use your Roberts email and password to log in)
- Drop your records off at the Wellness Center (located on the upper level of the Voller Athletic Center on campus)
- Fax your records to the Wellness Center: (585) 594-6920
- Transfer Students: Immunization records are not automatically forwarded to the University with your academic transcript. You will need to contact your previous college to request your immunization records be sent or check the ability to print off your immunization records online to be sent.
Acceptable proof of immunization records:
- Certificate from a health care provider
- Immunization registry record
- Cumulative health record from a previous school
- Migrant health record
- Immunization transfer record
- Military immunization record
- Immunization portion of a passport
- Immunization record card signed by a health care provider
Health History & Immunization Records must be submitted to the Wellness Center before your first day of class.
Student-athletes and nursing students will need to submit additional immunization requirements. Please check with the Athletic Department and Nursing Department for details.
All New York State educational institutions are required to exclude non-compliant students from the premises. Violations of NYS PHL 2165 and 2167 may result in the imposition of a penalty of up to $2,000 per student.
For more information on New York State Public Health Laws 2165 & 2167, visit.