Four Year Guarantee
Four-Year Graduation Promise (Begining Fall 2018)
At Roberts Wesleyan College, we are committed to giving you
a head start in earning income and achieving your personal goals by helping you
graduate in four years. In fact, we guarantee it.
Did You Know?
60% of college students do not graduate in 4 years
Taking a single extra year to finish college could cost you:
in lost lifetime retirement savings
Because we want you to succeed in your years after college, we are offering you a 4-year Promise.
that you will graduate within four years.
Roberts will guarantee graduation within four years to qualified students entering the traditional undergraduate program. We commit to providing the courses, advising, instruction and support.
If you follow through on your responsibilities and are not able to graduate in 4 years, we will pay for the courses you need to graduate.
What do you get with 4 years at Roberts?
4-year Career Plan: Equip yourself, for success after graduation.
4-year Guarantee: You’ll graduate on time, we guarantee it.
4 years of Spiritual Formation: At Roberts, spiritual and academic growth go hand in hand.
Academic Exploration Program: Identify your perfect major.
If you follow through on your responsibilities and are not able to graduate in 4 years,
Roberts will pay for the courses you need to graduate.
Contact the Office of Admissions.
Take the Next Steps
How It Works
available to all full-time freshmen
Leave the pesky paperwork out of it. It's as simple as signing a contract before you start classes
Be sure to meet with your academic advisor at least once a semester to stay on track for the 4-year graduation guarantee
The guarantee is limited to a one-degree program with a single major and no minor
- This guarantee is only for those who begin their college education at Roberts.
- Where options between courses are available, students are not guaranteed their first choice.
- Students not able to register for the courses needed within four years must complete the free course(s) at Roberts Wesleyan College within two terms of the end of four years (e.g. a summer and fall for those completing four years in the spring; or spring and summer for those completing four years in the fall).
- This guarantee does not apply to “fifth-year” programs (ex. certain teacher education credential requirements) or minimum units beyond graduation requirements (CPA qualifications, etc.) beyond the basic four-year bachelor degree.
The Fine Print
Read further for step by step instructions throughout the 4 year process
- Meet with your advisor and sign up for the guarantee during the fall semester of the freshman year.
- Commit to your major and begin prerequisite or lower- division major courses by the second semester of your freshman year and keep that major until graduation.
- In the case of science majors including Nursing, Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Chemistry, and Physics, the major must be declared before registering for first semester courses.
- Complete at least 30 credits in the first year and 32 credits each following year (average 16 per semester of continuous full-time enrollment).
- Complete required courses successfully (see catalog for minimum acceptable grades) without dropping required or approved courses during a semester
- Meet major-specific requirements including GPA and remaining in good standing academically and behaviorally with the College.
- Meet with your advisor each semester for advising before registration opens and take the courses approved by the advisor that complete requirements, in the appropriate sequence and as they become available.
- Register within the first allowed week of registration for specific class standing every semester to gain a spot in the classes needed.
- Notify your advisor during registration week if you are unable to register for an approved course so that an alternative plan can be made.
- Apply for financial aid and submit required documents by appropriate deadlines.
- Make sure your student account is paid in full when due.
- If you are admitted with Provision Standing, you are permitted to participate, too. In this case, you will need to complete 30 credits in the first year through enrollment in summer courses.
- The four-year promise is based on continuous full-time enrollment and does not include loss of class time as a result of personal injury, illness, or other personal circumstances.
Note: The Cooperative Engineering programs are not included.
Note: Begining Fall 2018