Full-Tuition Scholarships | Global Honors Program
This invitation-only, two-day event takes place on the Roberts’ campus and in downtown Rochester. During this weekend, you will compete for a full-tuition scholarship and apply for the Global Honors Program, both unique to Roberts Wesleyan College.
Academic Scholarship Weekend
RSVP for This Invitation-Only Event
Qualified accepted students will be invited to the Academic Scholarship Weekend to celebrate their outstanding academic accomplishments and explore the amazing opportunities at Roberts Wesleyan College.
This invitation-only event takes place on the Roberts campus on January 31 - February 1, 2020.
During This Weekend
You will have the opportunity to apply for two unique opportunities at Roberts Wesleyan College:
- BT Roberts Scholarship | You could be one of three students to receive a full-tuition scholarship (after financial aid). The award will be determined based on an interview, essay, SAT/ACT scores, and high school academic performance. You must attend the Academic Scholarship Weekend to be eligible for this award. The three recipients of this award will be notified by March 6.
- Global Honors Program | Experience the world with the Global Honors Program!
- Year One – Explore Rochester’s rich history, and study the interconnectedness of historical events, religions, and ethical issues around the world.
- Year Two – Experience literature, art, and music in a global context.
- Summer 2022 – Participate in a three-week, all-expense-paid course in Brazil.
In addition, you will:
- Enjoy hors d'oeuvres and dinner with Roberts faculty, staff, and students.
- Stay overnight on campus with current students.
- Learn more about the academic programs at Roberts.
- Experience the unique way Roberts integrates faith, academics, and service.
- Meet Roberts faculty.
- Learn about research by faculty and students.
To be invited to Academic Scholarship Weekend, a student must:
- Be accepted to Roberts Wesleyan College
- Evidence of strong academic performance in a college-preparatory program as indicated by SAT and ACT scores, high school courses, grade point average, class rank, etc.
- RSVP by January 15
All participants will take part in a group discussion and essay process. This is used as a basis for the BT Roberts Scholarship and the Global Honors Program. While you may choose whether you wish to be considered for the Global Honors Program, it is expected that all attendees will complete the interview process. If you are unable to attend the weekend, you will still have a chance to apply to the Global Honors Program, but you will not be eligible for the BT Roberts Scholarship.
All students will stay on campus with a student host. Parents from outside of Rochester are encouraged to stay in an area hotel.
Please note: Parents are encouraged to join you for the Weekend’s activities; however, this event is not open to additional family members. If you’d like to invite additional family members to visit the campus with you, please register for an upcoming Preview Day or plan an Individual Visit.
January 15: RSVP to Academic Scholarship Weekend
January 31 - February 1: Academic Scholarship Weekend
March 6: All students notified regarding BT Roberts Scholarship and Global Honors Program decision
March 6 - May 1:
- Global Honors Program - In order to secure your place in the Global Honors Program, you must submit an enrollment deposit.
- BT Roberts Scholarship – The selected recipients must deposit by May 1 to secure their reward. If a deposit is not received or a recipient chooses another institution, the reward will be released to the next person on the waitlist.
Haven't applied to Roberts yet? Complete the online application to learn if you are eligible for this exclusive academic experience.