Roberts Educational Opportunity Program
What is the Roberts Educational Opportunity Program?
- The Roberts Educational Opportunity Program (REOP) is, by design, a plan of action to identify and enroll students who have been historically underserved, and have demonstrated academic ability with the potential to succeed at Roberts Wesleyan Colleges.
- REOP reflects Roberts Christian heritage, ministry, and commitment to diversity and inclusion by intentionally enrolling students from the rich ethnic, racial, and economic diversity that is representative in New York State.
- REOP students receive additional academic support, emotional and social support, counseling and advising services, and opportunities for leadership and professional development.
- REOP reduces families' financial burden by providing increased institutional aid.
Eligibility Criteria - Who can apply?
- The student must be a New York State Resident
- The student must be an incoming freshman with a fall entry term.
- Students must submit the FAFSA and be eligible for full Pell & TAP with a zero Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Student must be a first-generation student OR be provisionally admitted OR be enrolled in academically low performing high school district
What are the goals?
- To develop students’ understanding of meaningful social engagement and servant leadership
- To teach students how to communicate, empathize, and persist in the face of adversity.
- To help students achieve academic success and realize their career dreams so they can serve their communities in positive and transformative ways.
What is the Summer Bridge Program?
The summer bridge program is a two-week learning experience that prepares REOP students for success in their first year. During this program, students stay on-campus while earning college credit, sharpening specific skills focused on college success, learning about different aspects of the College, and getting to know fellow REOP members.
For the REOP entering class of 2022, the summer program begins July 12th and ends July 23rd,2022. Move-in day is Sunday, July 11th, 2022. The program runs Monday – Friday and students may have downtime on the weekends.
Students stay on campus Monday – Friday for both weeks of the summer program and may go home on Saturday, July 17th if they choose. However, programming resumes on Sunday, July 18th at 1:00pm and students are required to return before then.
The cost of the summer bridge program is covered by Roberts. However, students are responsible for any travel expenses associated with arriving and departing from the College.