During the fall and spring semesters, the Counseling Center has a designated clinician on-call 24 hours a day. If you or someone you know is experiencing an urgent crisis, the Counseling Center provides consultation, assessment, and evaluation as needed.
An urgent crisis includes:
- Suicidal thoughts or comments, or any other urgent mental health matter
- Threats made toward you or someone else, including relationship violence
- Concerns that you or another student needs medical attention (e.g. taking pills, cutting, etc.)
Normal Business Hours
To access crisis services during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), students can either call our office at 594-6882 or come directly to the Counseling Center (Upper Voller Athletic Center).
After Hours, Weekends & During the Summer
During the semester there is a counselor on call for after-hours emergencies. Contact your Resident Director or Campus Safety (585) 594-7777 to access the on-call counselor. The Counseling Center is closed over the summer and during school breaks.
Off- Campus Crisis Resources
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741-741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Veteran's Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- Trevor Lifeline: (866) 488-7386 or www.thetrevorproject.org
- Restore (Sexual Assault Services): (585) 546-2777
- Behavioral Health Access and Crisis Center (urgent care for mental health)
- Open for walk-ins daily, 9am-9pm
- 65 Genesee St. Rochester, NY 14611
- Phone: (585) 368-3950
- Strong Memorial Hospital Psychiatric Emergency Department
- 601 Elmwood Ave. Rochester, NY 14620
- Rochester General Hospital
- 1425 Portland Ave. Rochester, NY 14621